Sequel: Walk Away I'm Okay

Mocking Bird

Prologue

Normal boring day in Dale's High school in Nevada. The teacher drones on about the war and politics as half of the class is either asleep or talking to their neighbor or texting on their fancy ass phones. I had my head perched on my hand staring out the window with my light brown eyes glazed over as I thought about all the shit that actually was going on. Everyone went silent when the intercom buzzed, my eyes focused on the speaker.

“Can you please send Miss Connors to the principle’s office.” the monotone of the secretary's voice over the intercom drone out through the classroom. I groaned while slamming my book shut and pushing myself out of my chair.

“Relax JoJo.” said a voice from behind me. I turn my eyes toward my best friend.

“Yeah since I’m so popular there CiCi.” I muttered walking out the door.

I made my way towards the office.

Opening the door the secretary points her nubby finger in the air towards the principles office, taking a chance I glance around the office seeing how empty it was. I licked my bottom lip feeling the two cold piercing as I made my way towards the door. I opened it quickly with a glare on my face.

“What do you want Hicks?” I said stopping once I noticed the people in the room, besides the principle prick.

My hazel eyes widen slightly, before looking at the principle. I turn and walk back out the door and out the office, making my way towards the front of the school quickly. My converse slapped on the ground as I made it to the door.

“Hey, wait.” called someone from behind me.

I stopped but I didn’t turn around.

“Your Jordan Lay Connors right?” the voice questioned me. I raised my eyebrow and looked behind me.

“Yes.”

“Why don’t you come back to the office and let us talk to you.” he asked

I narrowed my eyes and turned around crossing my arms in front of me. “Now not that I find this completely weird but why the hell would you of all people along with your rockstar buddies want with little ol’ me.” I said batting my eyes while I turned and continued out of the school. I pulled my hood up on my sweater and continued down the stairs as the cool breeze of the fall hit me.

“JORDAN COME BACK HERE.” he screamed. I flinched and raised my hand up in the air with the one finger salute.

“Fuck You GATES.” I called walking off towards the parking lot.