Sequel: Walk Away I'm Okay

Mocking Bird

To Go To War, To Walk Across That Stage

"GIRLS GET UP AND GET READY YOU HAVE AN HOUR TILL WE HAVE TO BE THERE, JORDAN DOES YOUR FATHER KNOW WHERE TO GO?" called CiCi's mom up the stairs to CiCi's room as we sat around.

"YEAH HE DOES." I called down to her as I turned to CiCi who was lining her eyes with bright green eye liner.

"I can't believe it." she whispered staring at me through the mirror.

"I can, just think after we walk we're back up there showing all we got." I mummer checking my outfit and fixing my hat.

"Let's get going Leader." said CiCi as she came over to me and snatched my arm while she quickly tucked it underneath hers. We laughed as we made our way down the stairs to the entrace way where CiCi's mom stood with a camera. Tears where gathering in her eyes.

"Oh my, look at you too" she said snapping a picture of us.

"Mom, save the tears." said CiCi as she went and hugged her mother.

"I just can't believe it my little Ciara is growing up, and you too Jordan I just can't believe it, I remember you two use to chase each other with worms and dirt." she sniffed hugging CiCi close to her.

"Mom." CiCi groaned rolling her eyes at me.

I just smiled at her. "Mrs. Chambers we need to make it over to the concert hall if your gonna let us walk." I said shoving my hands in my pockets.

Her eyes widen as she turned and quickly reached into the closet grabbing our robes.

"Oh My Goodness, we have to hurry." she mumbled as she handed us the wrong robes, we quickly switched and watched as she scurried around grabbing the littlest things.

"Mom, lets go." said CiCi as she grabbed the keys. We walked out of the house with CiCi's mom snatching the keys and making her way to the car.

Time Skip 30 minutes later

I sat in my uncomfortable chair as I glanced over at the stage where our instruments where behind the curtain. Glancing around the many faces of parents and loved ones I pick out CiCi's family, along with Dan's and Eric's. I sighed wondering were my dad was or even if he was actually here.

Looking back at the stage I see the Principal step up after the Valedictorian gave his speech before he started rattling off names. I bit my lip as I glanced over at CiCi who was in the row ahead of me.

'Only about 50 kids till they reached me, and about 150 till Dan.' I thought closing my eyes.

"Ciara Chambers." I snapped my eyes open and cheered with CiCi's family as I heard Dan and Eric yell out words of love to her as she skipped up on the stage and gave the Principal a smile. She took her diploma and winked out at me as she walked down the steps but didn't go back to her seat as I saw her slip into the back stage door. Unnoticed by the other students who quickly walked back to their seats.

"Jordan Chambers." My name was announced and I stood up and made my way towards the stage, cheers broke out of the silence and a clear voice over the screams of the people.

"WAY TO GO BABY SYN!!!!" a grin broke my face as I took my diploma and waved as I made my way down the steps and slipped pass the door.

I hugged CiCi and we quickly got ready. I took off the ugly robe and fixed my jacket and shirt before placing my hat on my head with a grin.

Soon Eric and then Dan joined us. We all made our way to the stage behind the curtain as Mr. North came back and gave us a smile.

"Knock their socks off kids." he said as he grabbed the curtain pulley. We got into place as the cheers of people slowly quieted down.

"And Now from our halls, Mocking Birds." said the Vice Principal Mrs. Summers announced.

We all grinned as CiCi and I walked out followed by Eric as Dan grinned from behind the drums.

"HELLO CLASS OF 2010!!!" I screamed into the mic.

Cheers erupted from our classmates as I glanced behind us to make sure the screen was there.

"We're gonna ask if you sing along with us during this little performance. So if you all look at the screen above us and follow along." I said smiling.

"Or just do what you think is right." said CiCi in her mic.

"Or wrong." joked Eric as he got laughs from the crowd.

I turned around to Dan and nodded. He Grinned and started the beat.

Turning around I see CiCi picking up after him along with Eric. I turned to the crowd of students.

"PICK UP YOUR ARMS AND FEEL THE MUSIC." I screamed

"This is a call to arms, gather soldiers.Time to go to war.This is a battle song, brothers and sisters.Time to go to war " I grinned as they all sung along.

"Did you ever believe? Were you ever a dreamer? Ever imagine heart open and free? Did you ever deny? Were you ever a traitor? Ever in love with your bloodless disease?" I sang into the mic gripping the microphone tightly.

"COME ON" screamed Dan from the back. I grinned as they started to sing along with me.

"This is a call to arms, gather soldiers.Time to go to war.This is a battle song, brothers and sisters. Time to go to war! "

"Ever want to be free? Do you even remember? Want to be god and devil like me? Ever want to just stop? Do you want to surrender? Or fight for victory? Here we are at the start, I can feel the beating of our hearts. Here we are at the start... " I whispered the last lines.

"Darkness falls, here comes the rain to wash away the past and the names. Darkness falls, here comes the rain to end it all, the blood and the game "

"Far, far away in a land that time can't change. Long, long ago in a place of hearts and gold. Far, far away in a land that time can't change. Long, long ago in a place of hearts and gold " I took my guitar off from my back and started to play with Eric and CiCi.

"This is a call to arms, gather soldiers. Time to go to war (Far, far away...) This is a battle song, brothers and sisters .Time to go to war (Long, long ago...) This is a call to arms, gather soldiers. Time to go to war (Far, far away...) This is a battle song, brothers and sisters. Time to go to war This is a call to arms, way of the night. This is a battle song, way of the night!" I ended the song as the cheers broke out through out the concert hall.

"THANK YOU." CiCi and I yelled through the mics as we grinned and waved to everyone.

We all turned and walked back to behind the curtain not moving until it was closed and we all met up and hugged in the middle of the stage.

"I'm gonna miss this." whispered Dan as he patted my head.

"Who said anything about this being gone." said CiCi as she glared at him from around my waist.

"She's leaving remember." spoke Eric as he looked sadly at me.

I gave him a sad look as well as CiCI tightened her grip.

"I'm hiding in her luggage then." she said

"CiCi." I said softly as I felt something wet at my waist.

"You can't leave and never come back." she whispered.

I looked down at her not knowing what to say.

I heard foot steps and looked up seeing the smiling faces of our loved ones. Those faces soon turned to frowns noticing our little group in tears. CiCi tightened her grip and Eric stood there with a look of lost on his face. Dan stared at the floor ignoring all that went around him. I stared at the group of people with tears running down my face.

My dad's eyes meet mine with concern written in them as I slowly looked to the ground as well.

"What the hell is going on?"asked Matt as he stood next to Val who was giving our group as sad frown.

"S-she's gonna leave." whined CiCi

"And we won't ever be the Mocking Birds again." whispered Dan as he glanced up at me with glazed over eyes.

My eyes widen as I gasped.

"Who the hell said you won't be the Mocking Birds?" asked my dad as he came closer to us.

"She's leaving we won't be the same."

"Wait a minute you three, you haven't even heard what we had been discussing." spoke CiCi's mother from Val's side.

We all looked up at her.

"what do you mean you've been discussing something?" asked Eric as he glanced at his parents.
♠ ♠ ♠
JoJo http://www.polyvore.com/graduationjo/set?id=26210248
CiCi http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=26210465

Song Credit: Thirty Seconds to Mars- Vox Populi

Sorry For the Wait

Wonder what the parents have been discussing with whom?

<3