Sequel: Walk Away I'm Okay

Mocking Bird

How could this happen to me?

"Jordan?" a voice called to me as I felt someone sit on the side of my bed, opening my eyes I look up seeing my dad sitting there looking down at me.

"Morning." I groan while stretching. Watching as my dad glances at my forearm that had a swirl pattern tattooed down it.

"You gonna get up anytime soon." he asked with a small smile.

I smiled and sat up. "I guess." I said as he got up after giving my forehead a peck and messing my bed head up.

"Good, why don't you head to the beach alright?" he said giving me a grin before walking out of my room.

I sighed and looked over at one of my windows seeing the bright sun coming through the curtains. Crawling out of my bed I make my way to the bathroom to get ready.

time skip

I made my way downstairs and to the kitchen where my dad and Matt were talking. They were planning the Mocking Birds congrats party, seeing as last week we were called, telling us it was official Mocking Birds were signed. I had been on edge all this time and everyone was trying to calm me down.

I cleared my throat getting their attention.

"I'm heading out now." I said as my dad came over and kissed my forehead.

"Have some fun sweet heart alright, get some inspiration." he said winking at me. I laughed and waved to Matt and made my way out the house. It was only a couple of miles to the pier so I decided to walk. My sunglasses blocked out the sun as made my way down the street watching cars pass me.

time skip

My phone rang for the zillionth time as I tried to make my way out of the crowd of people.

"Hello" I huffed into the phone.

"Jo where are you?" CiCi's voice broke over the speaker.

"I'm on my way back Ci don't worry about me." I said quickly watching the lighting cross the sky and people rush around the pier.

I looked over at the busy roads seeing the rushing cars and people trying to get away from the storm that was coming.

"Well you might want to hurry your dad is wanting to start but he won't with you out." she said

"I am heading that way CiCi." I said

"Alright chicka later."

"Later."

I hung up my phone and pulled my hood up over my head once I saw the small rain drop. I made my way towards the sidewalk trying to get home quicker.

"I should of taken the car." I muttered once I saw the rain start falling.

Once I reached a part where the cars had died down I realized I needed to be on the other side.

"Damn it." I growled before I started to cross the road after looking. I felt my phone drop from my pocket and I went and grabbed it from the ground.

"I open my eyes
I try to see but I’m blinded by the white light
I can’t remember how
I can’t remember why
I’m lying here tonight"


I look up hearing the sound of tires on water and I squeeze my eyes shut from the bright lights before they snap open at the in coming car then all I felt was pain and darkness.

"And I can’t stand the pain
And I can’t make it go away
No I can’t stand the pain"


I moan from the pain that was spreading up my arm and leg. Tears were blending with the rain that fell against my face. I try and move but I couldn't feel half of my body.

"How could this happen to me
I made my mistakes
I’ve got no where to run
The night goes on
As I’m fading away
I’m sick of this life
I just wanna scream
How could this happen to me"


I let out a gasp of pain once someone comes into view. I have no idea who they are but all I can see is bright blue eyes staring at me with shock and pain.

"Hey can you hear me." the person asked as they knelt down next to me taking my hand I could feel their warm hand against mine. I groaned at the contact and closed my eyes. " don't close your eyes sweetheart please don't close your eyes." they kept repeating. "SOMEONE CALL 911" I heard in the distance as I tried to stay focused on the blue eyes staring at me.

"Everybody’s screaming
I try to make a sound but no one hears me
I’m slipping off the edge
I’m hanging by a thread
I wanna start this over again"


That's when I heard all the screams of people shouting to call an ambulance. I wanted to scream shut up. I wanted my dad to be here holding me trying to help me feel better. I wanted my family and friends.

"d-dad." I whimpered.

"Shhh."

I feel the tears fall down my cheeks and closed my eyes gripping at the hand.

"So I try to hold onto a time when nothing mattered
And I can’t explain what happened
And I can’t erase the things that I’ve done
No I can’t"


' why' my mind whispered. 'why me? why now.'

"Hey, Hey come on keep those pretty brown eyes open please." the voice whispered close to my ear. "I know your in pain, I know but please stay awake until the ambulance gets here please."

'I want my daddy, I want CiCi, Eric, Dan, Jimmy, Matt, Zacky, Johnny, Michelle and Val.' I cried in my head. ' I want my mom.'

"How could this happen to me
I made my mistakes
I’ve got no where to run
The night goes on
As I’m fading away
I’m sick of this life
I just wanna scream
How could this happen to me"


I heard the sounds of the sirens in the distance and opened my eyes seeing the bright blue ones staring at me, looking around me making my head spin as I tried to see where I was.

'So Close, Yet So Far Away.' I thought wanting to reach to my house where I knew my family and friends were waiting for me. I wondered if they could hear the commotion that was happening a few houses down. That's when I saw the figures hurrying out the house.

"JORDAN!!!!" the screams of heartache ripped through my tattered heart as I blinked the tears away.

"I made my mistakes
I’ve got no where to run
The night goes on
As I’m fading away
I’m sick of this life
I just wanna scream
How could this happen to me "


I closed my eyes and let out a ear shattering scream making the person holding my hand let go and my father's voice rang over my scream.

"WHAT HAPPENED TO MY DAUGHTER!!!"