Sequel: Walk Away I'm Okay

Mocking Bird

Months Of Nothing

I looked over at the screen of my laptop. My chat was open and CiCi was blowing it up.



CiCi_RockerChick20 says:

Have you tried yet?

at 6:03p.m.

CiCi_RockerChick20 says:

Hello?

at 6:04p.m.

CiCi_RockerChick20 says:

Jo!!!

at 6:05p.m.

CiCi_RockerChick20 says:

JoJo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HELLO!!!!!!! O.O

at 6:05p.m.

CiCi_RockerChick20 says:

Damn it Jordan Lyric Haner answer me now!

at 6:06p.m.

I clicked my away button making the screen disappear. Leaning back into the chair I let out a sigh. Silently counting in my head.

My Phone started ringing once I had reached 8 seconds.

'I know you are there.... I know you are there.....Hello?...... Oh Come on man answer you phone.... Hello?'

It was CiCi's ringtone. Some how she thought it was funny. I ignored it and got up from my bed and sprawling out over it. Closing my eyes at the sound of the house phone ringing.

"Hello?" I heard faintly. "Yeah sure just a second Ciara." and soon footsteps reached my door. I looked over at it seeing Michelle standing there with the phone to her ear.

"Jordan it's Ciara." she said.

I gave Michelle a look and she nodded before turning around. "I'm sorry Ciara but she isn't feeling well she just ran to the bathroom." Michelle paused before nodding. "Yes I'll tell her to call or text you. Mhmm have fun." Michelle said as she hung up the phone she turned back around and walked over towards me.

"What's wrong Jordan?" she asked as she sat next to me. I turned on my side and raised my arm and pointed at my discarded guitar that laid on the floor.

"This is what's wrong Mich." I said.

She gave me a sad smile before going and picking up my guitar and setting it on the stand. "Cheer up Jo." She said

"How can I when my arm is busted and I can't play." I asked throwing my arms in the air and falling back on my back, wincing at the sting in my arm.

She smiled and leaned down picking up my pick.

"Talk to your dad sweetheart or talk to your friends." she said

"Okay." I whispered as she walked out.

I lifted my arm in front of me looking at it's pale skin. I had gotten my casts off a couple of weeks ago and I had just started trying to play guitar, but it just felt different, like there wasn't a purpose for me to play anymore. But I wanted to, so badly I had started ignoring my friends trying to figure it out myself.

Though as the months had passed they started writing new songs. We were scheduled to record soon and I was freaking out completely not knowing if I could play.

Another thing was, they all seemed to find romance. Eric had met this girl at a restaurant while trying to get food for the others, her name was Vanessa. Dan I really didn't know how he met Kim but I could tell they were meant to be 'they were insane together.' Then there was CiCi my best friend the one that won't stop in trying to find out what was wrong. She met this adorable guy named Kris, he was so perfect for her it made me feel really small. I mean I was surrounded by romance but I had none. I looked around my room as my hand laid on my stomach. My eyes met small black buttons in the head of a small bear. That was another thing Leo.

I had no idea, where he was or how to contact him. He hadn't left my mind that much I knew.

Hearing the door downstairs open I listened as my dad walked up the basement steps.

"Who called?" he asked

"Just Ciara, she was trying to get in touch with Jo." Michelle replied. My Dad must of nodded and started his way towards my room cause he was standing in the doorway less then a minute later. I looked up at him and smiled.

"Hey dad." I said

"Hey sweet pea what are you doing in here?" he asked walking in the room.

I looked up at the ceiling.

"Just stuck in my thoughts." I whispered.

He sat down on the edge of my bed and looked down at me.

"You need to relax and let it flow." he whispered as he brushed my bangs away from my face. I blinked and looked up at him.

" I know."

He gave me a small smile. "You know you look so much like your mother." he whispered. I looked down and over at my bookcase. His gaze went to it seeing the photo that was on there.

"I don't know what happened but she would be so proud of you Jordan." he said looking back at me.

I just gave a small smile before getting up and walking to my guitar. Slinging it over my shoulder I grab my pick and pocket it in my jean shorts.

"I'm going to go walk around." I said

He gave me a grin before following me out of my room and told me to be back before dark.

"And Jordan?"

I looked over at him from the doorway.

"Please be careful." he said

I nodded and waved before making my way out of the house.