Sequel: Walk Away I'm Okay

Mocking Bird

They Only Want The Best For Me

I made it to the pier and looked around at all the activity, my eyes snapped to a stage area where a couple of people were on top announcing something. The crowd around the stage cheered. I made my way towards the group.

"Oh Oh Oh" The singer started while clapping his hands jumping around the stage "COME ON" he urged the crowd and soon they followed with the beat."Oh Oh Oh, Oh Oh Oh, Oh Oh Oh, Oh Oh Oh, Oh Oh Oh"

I looked at each of the band members seeing their faces, the bassist caught my eye though.
"Leo?" I whispered

"I'm not a crybaby

I'm THE crybaby

A caterpillar that got stuck

Mr. Moth come quick with any luck

A long walk to a dark house

A Roman candle heart keep us far apart

I've got your body doing alright

Hate me baby, maybe I'm a piece of art



Oh, my friends all lie and say

they only want the best wishes for me

Oh, 3 2 1

We go live...

"

I watched as he looked out into the crowd and grinned while strumming his bass. My eyes were glued as he walked towards the singer and they sang in the mic together.

"Oh, baby you're a classic

like a little black dress

you're a faded moon

stuck on a little hot mess (little hot mess)

and oh, baby your'e a classic

like a little black dress

but you'll be faded soon

stuck on a little hot mess (little hot mess)"


His eyes darted around the crowd and widen slightly when he saw my figure in the back before a grin swept his face.

"

I can make your heart slow

I can feel the weather in my bones

Wish hard enough, I can turn it to what I like

Your pupils they're big

They're rolling like dice

they say they only want the best wishes for me

(they only want the best for me)

Oh, 3 2 1

We go live...

"

"]Oh, baby your a classic

like a little black dress

you're a faded moon

stuck on a little hot mess (little hot mess)

and oh, baby your a classic

like a little black dress

but you'll be faded soon

stuck on a little hot mess (little hot mess)"


The lead singer backed off as he took control of the mic and dropped his bass from his hand grabbing the mic. His eyes never seemed to lose mine as he sang.

"

Not the boy I was

The boy I am is just venting, venting

Dear gravity, you held me down in this starless city"


"

Not the boy I was

The boy I am is just venting, venting

Dear gravity, you held me down in this starless city "


"

they say they only want the best wishes for me

(they only want the best for me)

Oh, 3 2 1

We go live..."

"

Oh, baby your a classic

like a little black dress

you're a faded moon

stuck on a little hot mess (little hot mess)

and oh, baby your a classic

like a little black dress

but you'll be faded soon

stuck on a little hot mess (little hot mess)"


The crowd cheered and clapped and yelled for more as the band finished up. I clapped with a smile on my face.

'They are good.' I thought watching as the lead singer waved bye to the crowd and the guys all got off the stage being surrounded by their fans. I turned to make my way to beach.

My guitar swung on my back hitting it lightly as I walked down the steps towards the sandy shores, reaching down I pull my flip flops off and walk onto the warm sand. The creaking of the wooden stairs behind me brought my attention behind me seeing Leo, wearing his black board shorts and loose grey v-neck shirt.

"Hey Jordan!" he said with a grin as he made his way to my side.

"Hi Leo." I said smiling at him with a small smile.

"It's good to see you out and about again." He said chuckling lightly. I just shook my head and started out into the beach. He followed at the same pace. "Sorry that was a little harsh." he said rubbing his neck while bitting his lip were his piercing was.

"It's okay your kind of right I guess." I said glancing at the water a little ways away.

"So how have you been with your you know." he asked looking at my pale arm.

I held it out in front of me closing my hand into a fist without flenching.

"I'm getting there I hope." I whispered. He gave me a look.

"Getting there?" he muttered before he looked me in the eye. "Your not straining your arm are you Jordan?" he asked concerned. I gave him a look.

"why should you care?" I asked

He froze and looked at the water and bringing his hand back to his neck rubbing it.

"I just do okay." he whispered.

"I start recording soon, and I can't play." I said without thinking biting my lip as he looked at me shocked.

"What?"

"I can't play." I said as he looked at my hand then at my guitar that hung on my back.

"You've tried all you could I can tell." he said as he brought his hand to his head and rubbed his eyes.

I blinked and looked around. The beach was pretty bare. Licking my lips I look back at him.

"I have, but I just don't see the point in it, but I wan't too." I said holding my right arm with my left hand.

He took my arm in his warm hands and gazed at it. Looking it over and running his fingers down my wrist and forearm where the nerves twitched under his touch.

"I-I had a friend who was a guitarist, he got in an accident broke his arm and he tried to play once it healed but he couldn't even move his fingers." he said softly.

I watched his face as he looked over my arm. I gasped suddenly as he looked up at me with his bright blue eyes.

"Have you talked to your bandmates about it?" he asked

I looked down and shook my head."No" I whispered.

"Why Jordan, they should know about this." he said placing his hands on my shoulders getting me to look at him.

"It's my fault." I whispered.

"WHAT?" he yelled out. My eyes widen at the loud sound.

"It's my fault Leo. I shouldn't of been stupid and got my phone I could of gotten another one, but no I had to reach down and pick it up." I said shaking my head back and forth. He gripped my shoulders tighter but not where it hurt.

"Listen." he said I continued to ignore his beautiful gaze. "Jordan." he said shaking me. My eyes snapped to his. "It's ... Not... Your ....Fault." he said

I bit my lip slightly and looked slowly down at my hand noticing that I had it in a fist.

"I just can't pick it up again, Leo." I whispered. The burning sting in my eyes made me close them suddenly.

"Hey, you will, I'll help." he said with a small smile. I looked up at him.

"Why would you help me you hardly know me." I whispered.

He gave me a grin.

"I can't leave someone like you to think they aren't worthy of a gift that they have." he whispered.

timeskip

I made it to the front door and looked down at the slip of paper that was in between my finger tips.

Leo~ 906-345-0023, call me for anything

I shook my head at the anything. He had started chuckling when he wrote it before giving me a small smile saying he was joking about the anything.

I looked up at the door and opened it slipping my flip flops off my feet and walking further in the house.

"I'm Home!" I called out.

I heard Pinkly barking and soon I see her white little body come around the corner. Kneeling down I pick her up.

"Hey there girl." I said with a grin. She licked my face before sniffing my hand where the paper was balled up in my palm. Holding it open she sniffed the smell and rubbed her nose against my palm and the paper before she barked and struggled to get out of my hands. I sat her down watching her scurry off into the living room.

Walking into the kitchen I noticed the bright white paper on the black marble counter tops.

' dear jordan,

went out with the guys and girls, see you when we get home.

Mich & Dad.'


Looking down at the white fur ball at my feet who had entered in after I did.

"Looks like it's you and I girl." I said laughing at her wagging tail.

I make myself something quick for dinner before walking to my room and sitting on my bed and pulling my guitar to my lap, my notebook and pen was on my bed open to a new page.

Taking a deep breath I closed my eyes and took my guitar pick and started to strum along to a melody that I pictured in the back of my mind.

"I'd give anything to give me to you
Can you forget the world that you thought you knew
If you want me,
Come and find me
Nothing's stopping you so please release me

I'll believe
All your lies
Just pretend you love me
Make believe
Close your eyes
I'll be anything for you

Nothing left to make me feel anymore
There's only you and everyday I need more
If you want me
Come and find me
I'll do anything you say just tell me

I'll believe
All your lies
Just pretend you love me
Make believe
Close your eyes
I'll be anything for you

I'll believe
All your lies
Just pretend you love me
Make believe
Close your eyes
I'll be anything for you

Anything for you
I'll become your earth and sky
Forever never die
I'll be everything you need

I'll believe
All your lies
Just pretend you love me
Make believe
Close your eyes
I'll be anything for you."
I cut off the song with my voice in a whisper my hand stilled in the air as I blinked and looked down at my hands. Slowly a smile spread across my face. I could feel a crack slowly inch it's way close.

I looked over at my phone and reached and grabbed it seeing the time I rolled my eyes and flipped it open and speed dialing the number programed in my phone.

ring

ring

ring


"Hello?" the voice on the phone was ridden with sleep as I grinned.

"Eric."

"Jo?"

"yeah." I said nodding my head even though he couldn't see me.

"Jo it's...2:30 in the morning shouldn't you be asleep?" he asked yawning.

"I have a song." I said quickly.

I was met with silence.

"Eric?" I whispered sharply.

"I'm here, I'm just shocked we weren't expecting you to have any songs Jordan." he said softly.

I bit my lip looking down at the slip of paper that I was playing with.

"Well you can say I got a new muse, who helped me over come some things recently." I whispered.

Eric yawned. " Look Jo I'm excited I am but I've been working on getting everything ready and I"m beat." he said softly.

"Okay you get to bed then." I whispered.

"You do the same JoJo." he said before I was met with the dial tone in my ear, flipping the phone shut I let out a sigh and look down at the sheet of paper that laid on the bed. It needed to be cleaned up but it was a song.

A small smile graced my face, I jumped when my door opened snapping my eyes to the door I see my dad standing there with a puzzled look on his face.

"Jordan what are you doing up still?" he asked.

I bit my lip before looking down at the paper and holding it up to him.

"Writing." I said

He gave me a look before reaching out and gently taking it from my fingers, scanning the paper a small smile came to his face.

"It's nice, why don't you tell me in the morning about it." he said chuckling and sitting it down on my nightstand and grabbing my guitar and setting it to the side and kissing my forehead while taking my phone from my hand.

"I don't think your bandmates want you calling them at 2:30 in the morning sweet pea." he said chuckling and wishing me a good night before he walked out the room. I fell back on my bed and smiled at the dark ceiling a thought ran through my head that reminded me of today.

"They Only Want The Best For Me." and I closed my eyes and drifted to sleep.

FIN
♠ ♠ ♠
Songs~
Tiffany Blews = Fall Out Boy
Anything for you = Evanescence