Sequel: Walk Away I'm Okay

Mocking Bird

Shadows on the Wall

My guitar hung on my back as I walked towards my grandparents house from CiCi's, after band practice. I was still moody after my failure on the solo.

So I wasn't really paying attention to what was going on around me, looking up I notice a shinny Camaro in the drive way behind my grandpa's old BMW.

I frowned as I made my way towards the door, opening it quietly I hear my grandma and grandpa talking to some people in the living room. I slip my converse off my feet revealing my bright blue socks, and picked my shoes up almost dropping my guitar.

"Shit!" I swore dropping my shoes and holding my guitar to my chest. As I checked over it as I heard my grandma's slipper covered feet.

"Jordan Lay." she said in her scolding voice. I looked up at her through my bangs groaning as I see her in her flower pattern apron.

"Yeah?" I said looking back at my guitar.

"How many times do I have to tell you never use those words in this house and get that stupid instrument out of my sight." she said in her disgusted tone seeing me holding my guitar.

"My Les Paul isn't a stupid instrument Grandma." I said glaring at her as I made my way towards the stairs to go in the basement where my room was.

"That isn't a instrument it's a stupid piece of wood." she sneered.

I slammed my door as I turned and looked back at her. "Look Diana. You can complain about my piercings and my tattoos and my clothes, but you can't complain about my music." I growled.

"Your to much like your father." said a voice from the door way. I turn my eyes towards the door way and they widen at what I saw.

"Y-your M Shadows." I said with my mouth wide open in shock. He cracked a grin as he slipped his aviators up on his head.

"That I am, but call me Matt." he said holding his hand out to me. I looked down at his hand and then to my guitar before holding my guitar by the neck and shaking his hand.

"JoJo." I said smiling.

"Jordan." growled my grandmother.

I looked over at her once I let go of Matt's hand.

"Yeah."

"Go to your room." she said pointing at the door. I narrowed my eyes at her. "Fine." I hissed before turning towards Matt.

"Nice to meet you." I said smiling before going to my door and walking down the stairs.

P.O.V. Change

I heard the door open as Diana and Walter were arguing about me being there. I wanted to see if it was true if my mom actually saw this girl that looked like Brian and Samantha before she ran off. Which was 17 years ago.

I looked over at the entrance of the living room seeing a shadow of a girl and what looked like a guitar neck.

'No way.' I thought blinking. I heard something hit something.

"Shit!" I heard after followed by something being dropped.

Diana twitched and got up from her spot on the flowered couch.

"Jordan Lay." she said in her scolding voice that I had heard so much knowing her daughter.

"Yeah?"

"How many times do I have to tell you never use those words in this house and get that stupid instrument out of my sight." Diana said as I stood up and made my way towards the door way.

"My Les Paul isn't a stupid instrument Grandma."

"That isn't a instrument it's a stupid piece of wood." she sneered.

I noticed a girl about 5'6'' with dirty blonde hair and brown underneath spun on her heel.

"Look Diana. You can complain about my piercings and my tattoos and my clothes, but you can't complain about my music."

"Your to much like your father." I chuckled as I watched her turn her head towards me her eyes widen.

"Y-your M Shadows." she stuttered.

"That I am, but call me Matt." I said holding my hand out, she looked down and slowly held her guitar with one hand and shook my hand.

"JoJo." She said smiling a familiar smile on her face.

"Jordan." growled Diana

"Yeah."

"Go to your room." she said pointing at the door. I saw Jordan's eyes narrow at the woman "Fine." she looked over at me. " Nice to meet you." she said turning and opening the door to the basement and shutting it behind her. I chuckled as I walked back to the living room sitting in the chair. Diana sat down back on the couch in a huff.

Walter shook his head. "That child has no manners." he said gruffly. I heard the faint sounds of a guitar from the basement being played followed by soft singing.

"Well I've seen what I wanted, nice to see you again Diana, Walter." I said standing up wanting to get out of there and tell the guys and Val.

"Thanks for the visit Matthew." said Diana as she walked me to the door.

I waved walking to my Camaro. "No thank you." I muttered climbing in and dialing a number as I started my car. Getting out the driveway and down the street.

"Yeah?"

"It's her." I said.

"What do you mean."

"She's Brian's kid, I swear." I mummered.

"dude this is sick, how are we gonna tell him and her."

"I don't know Zack but we got too." I said hanging up.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for the one comment... seriously almost 50 readers and I only get one comment....

I see the love....

Whatever