Sequel: Walk Away I'm Okay

Mocking Bird

So Close Yet So Far Away

I laid in my bed staring up at the boarded ceiling with boredom. My guitar was laying on the other side of me, with pieces of paper thrown about the bed. A soft hum brought my eyes over to the side of my bed where my black cell phone buzzed around on the table. I reached my hand out and grabbed it seeing the name I flip it open and hold it to my ear.

"Yeah?"

"JoJo, come to my house." said CiCi as I heard her shuffling around.

"Why?"

"Cause we got to talk about the other night when M Fucking Shadows and Zacky Freaking Vengeance were at our show. What have you completely forgotten about the two freaking rockstars that were talking to you." she asked as I could tell she was probably shaking her head at me, while rolling her eyes.

"Oh that, yeah okay I'll head over there." I said sitting up running my hand thorough my hair.

"Bring your notebook and guitar." she said before hanging up on me.

Sighing I stumble over to my laundry pile and dig around for my clean skinny jeans with the holes in the knees, along with one of my Iron Maiden shirts, throwing that on I grab my socks and put them on and my converse in my hand before tossing my notebook and a few scraps of paper and a couple of pens and picks. Tugging my bag I grab my guitar and make my way up the stairs and peak around the hall before running to the front door.

"And where are you going?" a gruff voice said from behind me. I turn seeing my grandpa standing on the stairs from the second floor.

"I'm going to CiCi's." I said

He narrowed his eyes at me. "Be back by 7 or your grounded." he said before making his way to the living room.

I rolled my eyes and left the stuffy old house. Popping my ear buds in my ears and swinging my guitar to hang on my back with my bag. I start humming while walking the 30 minute walk to CiCi's house.

It was peaceful outside as my eyes moved over the landscapes of the houses around me. Hardly anyone was out except for Ms. Greyson, the creepy old cat lady from a couple houses down she was sitting on her porch stroking a fuzz ball that I believed to be a cat as she stared into the distance space.

I heard a car next to me, and my eyes turn to the sound through my ear buds.

"What the Fuck." I growled while narrowing my eyes at the driver in the car and the passenger I saw the other night. Yanking my ear bud out I turn around glaring at them.

"Can I help you, since you keep following me." I growled at them while they stopped and Matt got out of the drivers side of the camaro, that seemed to haunt me.

"Whoa calm down." he said holding his hands up.

"What the fuck do you two want." I snapped.

"we wanna talk to you." said Zacky as he hung out of the window.

I narrowed my eyes.

"Why the hell would you want to talk to me." I asked

"Because we knew your mom." they said. I narrowed my eyes at them.

"At least somebody did, good for you now if you excuse me I have to get to my practice." I said turning on my heel and shoving my ear buds in my ears and blasting my Ipod picking up my pace I continue to ignore the camaro and the men begging me to talk to them.

Seeing CiCi's street come up I turn and take a walkway that goes behind the houses that only a golf cart could go through. Making it to CiCi's house I walk to the backdoor and knock.

CiCi and Liam's mother comes to the door with a smile.

"Jordan your here, but why did you take the back entrace?" she asked.

"I felt like a short cut." I said shrugging as she let me inside.

"CiCi, Dan , and Eric are in the garage dear." she said going back to cleaning. I walk to the garage door from the kitchen and open it, seeing the garage open I get ready for my hand to hit the door, before Eric sees me.

"Jo?" he asked raising a brow at me. I sigh and drop my hand and go further in the garage.

"What took you so long!" asked CiCi once she turned around. I dropped my bag on the couch next to Eric and took my guitar.

"I have stalkers." I muttered glaring outside seeing the camaro pull up across the street.

"What do you mean?" ask Dan as he scratched his head with his drum stick.

Ignoring him I connect my guitar to the amp. "I got a new song." I said

They all gave me a look and I ignored it before I sat down on the stool in front of the mic. Tapping it I find it was one and start to strum.

"I'm getting tired of you pushing me 'round
Dragging me down
Making a sound because you wanna
I guess that's why I like messing with you
Putting you through
A lesson or two, because I'm gonna
Before I go my own way
I just gotta say

Leave me alone
Get out of my face
I'm tired of love
Feeling so misplaced
Time for you to go
'Cause I know I'm better off on my own, oh
Leave me alone

This isn't gonna work
Don't call me on the phone
Because I'm all out of words
I'll face the unknown
Thinking about all the ways that I've grown
Oh, Leave me alone

There was the time I thought you were the one
Having some fun
Getting it done
What an illusion
'Cause you were trying to take control of me
That couldn't be, I need to be free of this confusion
Don't give me a guilt trip, because I'm so over it"
I finished up seeing Eric reaching for his bass and CiCi running to her guitar and Dan heading his way towards the drums.

I closed my eyes and restarted the beginning listening to my best friends pick up after me with their improvising, CiCi singing with me. A grin takes over my face as we soon finish.

CiCi smiles at me. "Is that what you have been doing?" she asked

I grinned over at her. "Yeah but I haven't finished it yet."

"It's great a little tweaking here and there on our parts and you teaching CiCi the chords and it'll be great." Said Eric as he came and gave me a high five. I laughed at him.

"We're so close." CiCi screamed.

'yet so far away.' I thought looking out the garage seeing the camaro still there.

"oh JoJo, come with me." said CiCi as she grabbed my wrist and taking my guitar of my shoulder and tugging me inside, the guys laughed and both of them followed Dan hitting the garage door as the came inside.
♠ ♠ ♠
Song~ Leave me alone~ The Veronicas

Comments?