Sequel: Walk Away I'm Okay

Mocking Bird

My Responsibility

"JOJO!!!!" a scream broke through the busy cafeteria once I entered it. I snapped my eyes over to the side seeing CiCi waving her arms as she stood on a chair.

I made my way over to the table where they where seated.

"hey guys." I said sitting next to CiCi.

"Hey Jo." said Eric and Dan as they ate fries. CiCi was bouncing in her seat.

"What's up CiCi." I asked looking over at her.

"Liam, he got us a gig." she said smiling.

I froze. "When?" I asked

"Tonight." said Eric as he looked over at me.

"Aw Shit." I said as my head connected with the table.

"What's wrong Jo, your usually excited about gigs." asked Dan with one of his fries hanging from his mouth.

"My d-dad, he's here." I muttered.

CiCi let out a gasp. "Your dad is here?" she asked

I nodded as I let out a sigh.

'things can't get anymore hectic.' I thought.

hours later

I jumped the steps from the bus and ran home as fast as I could. I saw a black escalade parked on the curb. I slowed down to a walk as I noticed Brian stepping out of the escalade.

"Jordan?" he asked as I stopped in from of the house.

"Yeah."

"Your out of breath, what happened?" he asked coming over to me with his hands in his pockets.

I sighed and looked up at him. "My friend got my band and I a gig." I said scratching my neck. He smiled at me.

"That's great."

"But it's tonight, in about two hours." I said bitting my lip.

"Oh." he said.

"Yeah, so now I gotta find away to get out of the house." I said making my way towards the hell.

"Jordan."

I look back at him. "Yeah?"

"I'll take you, the other guys are back at the hotel, it's just me and I'd like to see you preform if that's alright." he said

I looked at him and a smile broke on my face.

"Yeah sure, I mean Matt and Zacky saw us the other night so I guess it's fine." I said.

"Matt told me about it." he chuckled coming up behind me and pushing my shoulder gently. "Now get in there and get ready and I'll tell Diana." he said

I nodded and took off to the basement once I opened the door.

P.O.V. Change

I watched Jordan run down to the basement and close the door after her. Leaning against the wall I stare at the vacant walls in the entrance as I heard the clicking of heels coming towards the door.

"Jordan Lay." called Diana as she turned the corner but she stopped once she saw me.

"Hey there Diana." I said with no emotion as I looked at her.

"Brian, what brings you here?" she asked.

"Like you don't know Diana." I said shaking my head before standing up straight.

"You can't be here." she said

"And why can't I be here? She's my daughter Diana." I said

"She is not."

"She is from the letter Samantha sent me." I said

Diana narrowed her eyes. "How did she send you this letter?"

"I don't know, one day it was in the mail box and then Jordan's birth certificate was in it." I said

She gave me a hateful look before turning on her heel and leaving.

"Then take her, I'm tired of her hateful attitude." she said

I narrowed my eyes at the woman.

"She's been like this since I started school." I heard. I looked over seeing Jordan changed in what she was wearing for her show. Her guitar was in it's case and she was holding it closely.

"Yeah well, that's about to change." I said before nodding to the door. "Let's get on the road shall we?" I asked opening the door for her.

She grinned up at me. "Yeah." I followed her to the escalade and helped her put her guitar in the backseat as she climbed in the passengers seat and buckled in.

I grinned to myself seeing a tattoo peaking from her neck, as her hair was pulled into a clip at the top of her head. A tattoo that said "Fuck Off" I chuckled and asked for the place before we headed towards the location.