Life Happens

Chapter 4

9:00 p.m.
Heather’s house
Heather’s P.O.V

“I thought you were going to Zac’s movie premiere.” Roshon replied.
I guess because I was sprawled out on the couch eating a bowl of stale popcorn and watching Lifetime Movie Marathon he assumed that I wasn’t going. His assumption was right.
“I don’t feel like doing anything but laying on my butt and watching overdramatic, meaningless movies.” I said matter-of-factly.
Roshon frowned down at me. “You promised Zac two weeks ago that you weren’t going to miss this premiere for anything in the world. He’s going to be very disappointed if you don’t go.”
I groaned frustrated. I hated when Roshon tried to guilt me into doing things. Even though I never really ended up doings the things, anyway, I still hated it.
“Well, that was before I lost the love of my life.” I cried.
He pouted sulkily. “I thought I was the love of your life.” He joked dryly.
I just rolled my eyes and turned my attention back to the movie. Kristen Stewart was playing some kind of psycho blonde. Not one of her best performances, let me tell you, but it was better than listening to Roshon go on and on about how bad a friend I was being.
“Why don’t you just go?!” I exclaimed after having enough of his guilt speeches. “I’m pretty sure Zac would love to see you after all these years.”
Roshon scoffed. “You know Zac hates my guts. Ever since, he found out what was going on between Vanessa and me, nothing’s been the same between us.”
It was true. Roshon and Vanessa had been having an affair since that summer she went on tour with Corbin, and Zac went absolutely nuts when he found out. He even threatened to kill Roshon if he ever touched Vanessa again. They had been the best of Buds before that happened, and Roshon regretted every second he had spent with Vanessa behind Zac’s back.
I looked as Roshon’s guilt speech to me soon twisted around to address him. His expression turned to something quite dejected and somber.
“You miss him, don’t you?” I asked.
Roshon shook his head. “Nah, I mean it’s all my fault. I don’t blame him for hating me. I put a move on his girl and it was wrong of me to do so. I should’ve known better.”
I nodded at his testimony. It was really sad what had happened between them. I mean, Roshon had apologized, God knows how many times, but Zac was reluctant to forgive him.
“Well, he can’t stay mad at you forever, Ro’.” I replied but he quickly cut in.
“Look, I really don’t want to talk about this right now. You should be getting ready for that premiere.”
I sighed. It’s like he hadn’t heard a word I said. “Didn’t I just say I wasn’t going? Your little guilt lectures have no effect on me, you know.”
Roshon smiled faintly. “Fine, I’ll just have to stay here and keep watch.”
I looked at him puzzled. “Keep watch over what?”
He chuckled. “You, of course, I don’t want you doing anything crazy or drastic while I’m gone.”
I shoved him playfully as he jumped over the couch to take a seat beside me. Roshon grabbed me from behind and pulled me into a tight hug. I smiled at the warmth that radiated from his body. He had to be the best friend a girl could ever have. I really don’t know where I’d be without him. He’s been nothing but supportive and helpful since the ‘Break-up’, and I couldn’t ask of anything from him. Sometimes, I just feel so guilty because all I ever do is complain and mope around. It’s a wonder that he doesn’t just slap some sense into me, at times. But that’s why I love him so much. Roshon can never stay mad or get aggravated with me because he’s just so caring and patient. It makes me so upset that Vanessa treated him so badly. She doesn’t know what she’s lost. Maybe Roshon should’ve slapped some sense into her.