Status: Tell me what you think in a comment :)

For the Love of Him

Chapter 3

Saturday, October 13th
9:45 a.m.
Raheem’s bedroom

“Good morning, Sleeping Beauty!” Raheem replied enthusiastically while opening the once closed curtains and blinds. Bright sunlight streamed through openings revealing a beautiful Saturday morning and blinding Adrienne as she unwillingly opened her eyes.
“Must you do that?” She asked groggily.
“Yes, it’s almost 10:00 and you need to get up. I have a very busy day ahead of me.” Raheem answered walking towards the door.
“But it’s Saturday…” Adrienne whined slowly sitting up in bed. “Cartoon Day.”
Raheem smiled fondly. “Well, you can stay and watch TV, but I have to go.”
Adrienne pouted. “Where are you going?”
“I have to meet my agent today, remember? I told you last night at the party that he needs to go over some new photos with me.” Raheem replied. “I’m choosing the ones for the new Aturi Wang billboard. Please tell me you didn’t forget.”
Adrienne pondered for a while trying to recap the moment when Raheem had told her this, but she couldn’t remember.
“I’m so sorry, Raheem. I can’t really remember you telling me that, but good luck, though.” She encouraged.
Adrienne knew how much getting to be Aturi Wang’s billboard model meant a lot to him. Raheem had worked extremely hard to get the go-see and even harder to convince his agent and Aturi’s people that he was the right one for the billboard project. Raheem had done such a great job that they even made him a spoke model for their new spring/summer line. This would be Raheem’s big break and probably the highlight of his whole career.
The billboard would be put up in the middle of Time Square where millions of people walk by every day. Adrienne was overly proud of him, but she wished that things weren’t going so fast in her life. Soon, Raheem would be a big time model living in Maui or Malibu making millions on his own, and she would be off to college pursuing a career in medicine. It just wasn’t fair.
She looked up and realized that Raheem had a slight frown on his adorable, light-skinned face, and Adrienne knew it was from her forgetfulness. How could she have forgotten so quickly? Adrienne hated herself for being a terrible listener and having such a bad memory.
“Oh, well, ok. Don’t worry about it.” Raheem replied trying hide the disappointment in his voice. “Ummm…my parents won’t be home until late, so you’ll have the whole house to yourself until I get back. Knock yourself, kid.” And with that, Raheem turned to leave and walked out the doorway.
Adrienne sighed deeply feeling even guiltier about the situation. Why did Raheem have to be so nice about her forgetting? Why did he have no problem with her having the whole mansion to herself-to do whatever she pleased? Adrienne felt a pang of unworthiness to Raheem. He was just too good for her.
She slid her legs to the side of the bed and forced herself to stand. Adrienne didn’t really mind fixing the bed, but she knew that the maids would get it, so she didn’t bother to do it. Instead, she gradually made her way downstairs to the kitchen. Adrienne expected to prepare herself a bowl of cereal and toast, but to her astonishment a stunning breakfast had already been arranged and was set on a gorgeous wooden dining table. Her stomach growled and her mouth watered at the sight of all the delicious food.
Maja, the Russian maid, instructed Adrienne to take a seat and enjoy the feast-like breakfast. She did what she was told, without hesitation, and dug in.
♠ ♠ ♠
PLZ, Read, Comment, and Subscribe :D