Status: Tell me what you think in a comment :)

For the Love of Him

Chapter 4

Saturday, October 13th
10:30 a.m.
Aturi Wang’s office building

Raheem stepped out of his Porsche and walked gingerly across the parking lot toward the entrance of the building. A wave of cool air welcomed him as he entered through the revolving doors. Raheem noticed some people scurrying to their whereabouts and some sitting or standing in the lobby area having a conversation over lukewarm coffee. Others stared at him through beady eyes with a hint of envy.
To most people, the cruel, negative atmosphere of the room may have seemed rather intimidating, but to Raheem it was a normal day process. He’d hold his head high and confidently strut down the hallways while purposely ignoring all the rude glares and murmurs. To him, the people that were staring and whispering behind his back were his haters, and he loved his haters.
Raheem knew that people knew who he was. There was no doubt that they’d recognize him and feel jealous, because to them, he was this marvelous example of someone who had it all: perfect job, perfect home, perfect body, hair, eyes, bone structure, and life. But Raheem knew the truth behind this perfect façade-- nothing in this world is perfect, not even him. Even though it was always fun to pretend, sooner or later he would have to come back to reality and face the fact: Raheem Devin Kapur was just as imperfect as the next guy.
He made his way to the nearest, available elevator and stepped inside. There again, he was welcomed with stares and whispers. Raheem punched in the button for the fourth floor and waited for the silver, platinum doors to open again. He noticed the walls surrounding him reflected his image, so he checked himself out before stepping out into the busy hallway.
Raheem remember exactly where Mr. Wang’s office was located: the sixth door on the right after two left turns down the hall. Once he appeared in front of the large wooden door, a wave of anxiety overwhelmed him. This always seemed to happen-- even when he forced himself to stay calm. Working for such a prestigious man like Aturi Wang just made him feel that way. But Raheem shook the nervousness away and finally opened the door.
Mr. Wang’s main assistant, Carly Sheffield, was sitting in her comfy, leather armchair discussing another model’s portfolio with some of his side people. She was dressed in a formal, black dress, with a red, Marc Jacobs pumps. Her long, blonde hair was pinned up in a tight bun with two black chopsticks. Ms. Sheffield looked up from the book of photographs as soon as Raheem stepped inside the room.
“Ahhh, Mr. Kapur, what a pleasure to see you here on time. You wouldn’t image how many people actually show up fifteen minutes early.”
Ms. Sheffield chuckled softly at her own corny joke and waved away the people surrounding her, leaving her and Raheem alone.
“I have set up the dates up for the photo shoot and notified all the workers on this project. October twenty-fifth will be the big day and we expect the billboard to go up around late March,” Ms. Sheffield paused with a huge smile spreading across face. “And by popular demand the ad will also appear in many main stream magazines- that’s only the pictures. I have set the commercial to get started around early December. We’re in between air dates right now, but trust me you will be notified beforehand.”
Raheem just stood there and nodded intently. This was way too much to take in all at once and everything was beginning feel overwhelming. With all the media and advertising, people where bound to recognize him everywhere. This was his first step to fame, and to be honest, he wasn’t sure if he was ready for that yet.
“I know this may seem quite hectic and crazy at first, but this is just a small price you have to pay to be in the ‘Big League’. After a while, you’ll get use to it. I reassure you that you’re in great hands here, and I am more than grateful that you’ve decided to launch your career with us. I honestly couldn’t have picked a better person to promote our new spring/summer line.” Ms. Sheffield smiled widely and noticed Raheem’s worried look. “So, are you ready to become a big time model, Mr. Kapur?”
The question stuck inside Raheem’s head and replayed over and over again as he outstretched his hand to grasp Ms. Sheffield’s in response. He quickly forced a smile on his face to wash away the worried expression. This was definitely going to be a journey he was going to remember.
♠ ♠ ♠
Plz, Read, Comment, and Subscribe :D