Status: Tell me what you think in a comment :)

For the Love of Him

Chapter 5

Saturday, October 13th
6:46 p.m.
Raheem’s house

Raheem pulled up in the driveway after a hectic day with Ms. Sheffield and Aturi Wang’s people. They had gotten a lot done in just a few hours, and he was more than excited to see the finished product. Everything was set: the photos they picked were all perfect; he had all his lines down, and had absolutely gorgeous girl was his partner. Things were going better than he expected.
Standing at the front door, he pulled out the house keys and unlocked the door. Raheem set the keys down on the marble table in the foyer and made his way to the kitchen. On his way there, he heard multiple voices coming from below him.
Adrienne must be in down in the Home Theater.
Raheem took a detour and went to the theater. He found her sitting on the fifth row, watching a chick flick, with a carton of Ben & Jerry’s Ice-cream in her lap.
“Hey.” Raheem replied taking a seat beside Adrienne. He grabbed the spoon out of her hand, dipped it into the carton, and got a spoonful of ice-cream.
“I thought I heard you come in. How did the meeting go?”
Raheem took another scoop before answering. “It went terrific! Everything was perfect, and I think the agency really likes me.”
Adrienne smiled widely and gave Raheem a big hug.
“I knew they would love you! Who doesn’t love you?”
Raheem held onto her tightly—not wanting to break away from the hug. She smelled strong of sweet vanilla and he found it intoxicating. Her long, black hair cascaded over Raheem’s hands and down her back. It was softer than a new cotton linen sheet and smoother than anything he had ever felt.
Adrienne tried to pull away from his tight grasp, but he held on tighter. She thought about snatching herself away, but no girl in her right mind would try that with Raheem. Adrienne stayed in his warm presence for a few more seconds before he finally released her.
“Umm….so how was your day? Did you enjoy the breakfast I made for you?”
Adrienne gasped, “Wait, you made that breakfast?” Her mouth began to water, once again, at the memory of the most delicious food she had ever eaten.
“Yea,” Raheem replied chuckling. “Why is that so surprising to you? Maja taught me how to cook when I was ten years old. She always let me help out in the kitchen.”
Adrienne never knew Raheem could cook. She found that fact both charming and sexy.
“So, how come you’ve never cooked for me before?”
Raheem pondered with the question before answering. Truth be told; he never really thought much of it before. Cooking for someone just wasn’t all that big of a deal—he just wanted to make Adrienne feel at home. “Well, I guess I never had the opportunity.”
I’ve never had the feelings to cook for you before. He thought but would never dare say aloud.
Adrienne smile. “Well, it was amazing! You made all my favorites.”
Raheem was glad that she appreciated his hard work. The fact that she was so grateful for everything he had done for her turned him on so much, and even in just a t-shirt and shorts, she was the most beautiful girl he had ever laid eyes on. It hurt to know that no matter how much he wanted her—it was just wrong.
“I’m so glad you enjoyed it. Maybe I should cook for you more often.”
Adrienne blushed. “I would really like that.”
Raheem stared into her deep brown eyes and wondered if she wanted to kiss him as much he wanted to kiss her. He raised his hand to her face and cupped her cheek.
“Maybe, I could make you one of my specialties.”
Adrienne smiled and raised her hand to cover his. “Tomorrow morning?”
Raheem chuckled. “Anytime you’d like. I might even teach you a thing or two.”
Adrienne couldn’t help but to smile and Raheem—the same. They stayed that way until Adrienne began to feel a bit awkward. She swiftly released his hand, turned her head away from him, and drew her attention back to the film.
“Ooh look, this is my favorite part!”
Raheem, feeling stunned that she turned away from him, hastily grabbed Adrienne’s long hair and turned her head to him. She yelped in pain while looking at Raheem—her face filled with bewilderment.
“Why’d you-!” She began but was cut-off by Raheem’s mouth smothering hers. He released his tight grip on her hair and let it fall down her back. Raheem was more than relieved to free the tension that had been building up inside him for so long.
Adrienne could feel his tongue entwining with hers and she debated whether to push him off or go along with it. She decided to kiss him back. Raheem’s hand started to explore all in her luscious hair and she didn’t mind him doing so at all. They broke apart; coming up for air, then went back in. Raheem couldn’t get enough of Adrienne’s full, soft lips, and he knew she was having the same problem.
Suddenly, his lips abandoned her mouth and made their way down to her neck, sucking ever so softly. Adrienne let out a well deserved moan as he worked that spot. She raised her hands to the front of his shirt and began to undo the buttons. Though, before she got to the last one, something inside Raheem snapped and he came back to reality. He immediately pulled away from her and buttoned up his shirt.
“Oh my gosh, Adrienne, I am so sorry!” Raheem exclaimed. “I shouldn’t have done that. I really shouldn’t have done that!”
Adrienne looked up at him. Tears formed in the corner of her eyes.
“Why must you toy with me like this, Raheem? Do you not see how much I’m in love with you?”
He stared down at his shoes—not wanting to look at her angry, wet face. Raheem knew he was tearing her apart messing with her like this, but he couldn’t help himself. Raheem wanted her so badly and he was willing to face the consequences to have her, but there was a part of him that always held him back, said no, and warned him of all the trouble he would have.
She was in love with him love—he knew that. Adrienne had cried the words herself, but Raheem couldn’t bring himself to say the same-- at least not aloud anyway.
“Ade, you have no idea how hard this is for me, okay. I’m really, really sorry but I—“ Raheem sighed trailing off, “ You should just go, now.”
Adrienne stared at him dumbfounded; she didn’t know what to say. Her mind whirled with confusion, yet she felt anger rising in the pit of her stomach. How could he just play with her like that?
“You know what maybe I should leave!” She rose out of her seat. “Don’t ever count on me coming back! I’m so sick and tired of being your little toy—your muse—that you can just turn on and off whenever you feel like it. I’m sick of it!”
Raheem’s jaw dropped. She had never been so angry at him before. He hated himself for ever starting this dispute. Everything that was said could have been avoided, but Raheem just wasn’t thinking.
“Look, Adrienne, I—well, I’m…” He stammered.
“What, Raheem? If there’s something you have to say then say it. If not, I’m out of here—for good.”
Raheem pushed himself to say that he loved her. He wanted to shout it to the world, but the voice in the back of his head started to talk to him and he bit back his declaration.
Adrienne waited for him to say something—anything—to make her stay, but Raheem kept his mouth shut, daring not to say a word.
“Fine, if there’s nothing to be said, I’m gone.”
Adrienne stormed toward the exit of the theater. Tears that had been straining to fall from her eyes finally flowed freely. She turned back and stared at Raheem who was staring back.
“Bye, Raheem.”
With that, she was gone out the doors, slamming each one behind her. Raheem sighed frustrated wanting more than anything to run after her and beg for her forgiveness. But he knew it was useless. She was right. He was treating her like a toy, and Adrienne was just tired of it. Raheem didn’t deserve her—he knew that. Adrienne needed someone her own age, someone who wasn’t afraid to her I love you, and he didn’t want to be in the way of that anymore.
Raheem forced his numb body to move out of place. He turned off the movie and lights and made his way up to his room. After a long day, Raheem was more than exhausted and it didn’t help much that he might never see Adrienne again. He was feeling like crap—nothing was going to make him feel better.
Once Raheem was in his room, he took off his clothes and threw them in the hamper. He was in a desperate need of a hot, steaming bath. Raheem walked into the large, elaborately made bathroom and gathered up everything he needed. Instead of having an original bathtub; he had a Jacuzzi customized to suit all his sudsy needs. Raheem remembered the first time Adrienne had been in there with him. She was astounded at the massive size and marveled at the bathroom’s beauty. They had played in the Jacuzzi together both of them having too much fun to realize they were half-naked. But, he knew they were too young to care.
Raheem remembered feeling all the jet streams of water shoot out toward him at turbo speed creating huge bubbles and massaging his body. He remembered how good it felt to just be with Adrienne and be happy with whatever they did together. Raheem wanted so bad to go back to the time when he didn’t have to worry about feelings, work, or relationships. He wished that things were back to the way they were.
Raheem turned on the Jacuzzi as high as it would go and poured a rose scented soap into the bubbling mass of water. He waited a few minutes for the soap to settle down before lowering himself into the Jacuzzi. In just seconds, all his problems seemed to melt away as the bubbles surrounded him. Raheem experienced temporary bliss as he floated on a huge white cloud that had no other purpose but to take him to a better place—a place where he was always happy and nothing got in the way of that. It was a perfect oasis where he could escape to whenever he was distressed. But, such a place only existed in his fantasies and it pained Raheem to know that his most desired dream would never come true unless he was with Adrienne.
♠ ♠ ♠
PLz, Read, Comment, and Subscribe!!!! <3