Status: Complete. Entry for a contest.

Things Can Change

It was meant to be.

I was running wild while the sunset was just starting. I couldn’t believe this, Johnny kissed me and I can say it went from being a cute, cheesy kiss to a passionate one. His kisses were like a volcano at the point to burst out, I didn’t want to kiss him that way but he caught me with his shiny eyes and his gorgeous smile, he was like art. I mean, have you ever met somebody that you just think he/she’s beautiful and you don’t even know if he/she’s worth of your heart? You know, when you like somebody too much but you can’t say if he’s worth the risk of getting a broken heart after the little love story.

“Hey Bridget, I’m sorry about that. You know... I mean… Uggh! You understand what I want to say, don’t you?,” he told me desperately. I didn’t do anything after that kiss, I just ran away as fast as I could but he trapped me and I fell to the ground automatically.

“I know that you didn’t mean to do it’. Oh, come on! I’m so sure that you did want to do it,” I said in an angry-not-too-angry way.

“Well, maybe you’re right but… Anyways, I’m sure you liked that kiss,” he said as confident as just he could be. I got mute and looked at him with angriness.

“Listen to me, Johnny Powter, I did not like that kiss,” I highlighted the last words and he just looked at me sadly.

“But… I thought you did, ‘cause you kissed me back. Okay, now I’m confused,” he said so innocently.

“Hey, Johnny, look. I didn’t want to say it that loud and ugly. I did like it,” I quickly changed my voice, I couldn’t admit that I liked him a lot, “but well, who doesn’t like a kiss? They say it makes you feel better. Well, the point is that…”

“That… What?” he asked me, ignoring my nervousness.

“Why do you always make it harder to say? Why?,” I whispered. He had an incredulous face. “Okay, Johnny, I’ll say it. But please do not say anything stupid and ruin the moment, I just want it to be quiet and simple,” I prepared myself to say the words I was going to say. “Johnny, Johnny Powter… I love you. I’ve been in love with you since that moment when we were in the school camp and you found the prettiest butterfly I had ever seen… You smiled at her and looked at her with such lovely eyes. There’s when I realized how much I needed you to be happy. There’s when I let myself be free.”

He muttered for some minutes. We were standing in front of each other, exchanging glances, with nothing to say, ‘cause everything that had to be told was told. I decided to look down and I saw the bottom part of my dark pink elegant dress. I couldn’t believe that it was messy, after two hours getting it ready and presentable for the grandma’s birthday. My high-heeled shoes were killing me, but of course, I ran a considerable amount of space. Johnny was wearing a navy blue shirt with black pants and a pair of black lustrous shoes. If I wasn’t in this situation, I would be joking about the way he looked. And he would be ignoring or tickling me as usual. I decided to break the ice finally and started apologizing.

“Um, Johnny,” I said low.

“Yes, Bridget?,” he chuckled at me nervously.

“It would be better for you, me, both, if you forgot what I just said. We can still be best friends and go back to our normal lives in Alabama, not in this crazy town here in Nevada. Please?,” that was all I could say. Yeah, I screwed it all. It was obvious that nothing was going to be the same… After all, it was not meant to be the same.
♠ ♠ ♠
Messy, but hope you like it. I think I did my best for doing it in two days.