Pint-Sized Romeo

Chapter 16

Gerard had decided I was going to stay over tonight so it'd be easier for me tomorrow morning and I could just stay until MIkey's party. I called my mom and she said it was fine. I already had clothes over at the Ways' house because I was over there so often, so I didn't need to head home.

After a semi-awkward conversation with Gee about singing, he excused himself to go take a shower. I decided to stay in his room until he was done, but about 10 minutes after he left, I got bored. I have the attention span of a goldfish. It's pretty bad.

I got up and decided to go see what Mikey was doing, but just as I was about to leave, I heard muffled singing coming from Gerard's en suite bathroom.

I walked over and pressed my ear to the door. I know that Gerard didn't want to sing for me, but that didn't mean I couldn't listen if he was already singing.

"Hold me close and hold me fast,
the magic spell you cast,
this is la vie en rose.

When you kiss me, heaven sighs
and though I close my eyes,
I see la vie en rose.
"

I leaned back against the door and closed my eyes, letting his beautiful voice wash over me. I can't believe he thought I'd make fun of him. He has such a gorgeous voice...

He was really getting into the song, too... I wonder who he was singing about. Probably that guy he has a crush on. The guy that isn't me...

I still can't really accept that I don't have a chance. I don't know who this guy is that he likes, but there is no way that he knows Gerard as well as I do. I know I'll be able to win Gee over and get him to love me. I can't just give up. I've loved him for so long...

I heard the water stop and jolted out of my thoughts, running back over to the bed and acting like I'd just been waiting patiently for him to get out of the shower.

"Hey, Frankie. Manage to keep yourself entertained?"

"Yeah." I said. "Just stared at your ceiling, pondering the Answer to the Ultimate Question of Life, the Universe and Everything. It's 42, in case you were wondering."

"Nice reference." Gerard said, pulling a tshirt, some boxers and a pair of pants out of various drawers in his room.

"I thought so." I giggled. "How was your shower?"

"Nothing special." he said.

"Who were you singing about?" I asked. Okay, so maybe not too subtle, but I really couldn't go another day without asking about the song. It was so heartfelt, and such a beautiful love song... He couldn't have just been singing it about no one.

"Umm.... what?" he said, slipping his boxers and pants on underneath the towel.

"Don't play dumb. I heard you singing. Your voice is amazing, by the way. I don't know why you're so embarrassed."

"I guess I'm just worried that someone will say it's terrible and take away one of the last things that I think I'm good at."

"No one is going to tell you your voice sucks. And if they do, they're lying. It's amazing, and I love it. But hey- no changing the subject! Who were you singing about?"

"No one in particular."

"Gee, you were singing Edith Piaf in the shower. It had to be about someone."

He sighed and pulled his shirt over his head, then drying his hair with the towel. "I'd rather not say."

"Is it that guy you like?" I asked. I already knew the answer... He was so head over heels for this guy, whoever the hell he was. I couldn't help but feel ridiculously jealous, but I knew I couldn't help it. Gerard liked this guy. That didn't mean he'd never like me, though... right?

"Yeah." he sighed. "Can we not talk about it though?"

"Of course, but why not?"

"Talking about it just makes me realize that I'll never be able to have him as my own. He'll always just be my friend. And if I tell him how I feel, he'd just leave me alone and I'd have no one."

"Hey, don't say that." I said. "Whatever happens, you'll always have me. I will never leave you alone. We're friends, forever, through thick and thin. You'll never get rid of me."

He looked up at me and smiled weakly. "Thanks, Frankie. You're one in a million."

"I know."
♠ ♠ ♠
Short and fail. I have to get off the computer now, so I can't do a proper thank you, but I'll come back and do that when I do have time.... (done!)

I don't think I've ever updated this quickly....

Thanks to these people for commenting:

Rainbowing
splendidsteph
Waye_
IntentToStartAFire
Aimbo
Just.a.Kid
angy_kaulitz (x2)
Dr. Mrs. Vandertramp
Unexpected.
MikeyWayIsKewl
rockandrollgf

And to the rest of you for reading!!!