Pint-Sized Romeo

Chapter 27

FRANK IERO'S POV

We'd been driving for about twenty minutes in comfortable silence when I finally opened my mouth to ask Gerard where we were going.

"In due time." he said, glancing over and reaching his free hand out to hold mine.

I signed, but smiled, knowing he was doing all this to make tonight special and because he really cares about me.

I reached up with the hand Gerard wasn't holding and turned on the CD player, smiling when Edith Piaf's voice cam out of the speakers.

I looked over to see Gerard blushing, looking resolutely forward in an attempt to hid his red cheeks.

"You're adorable." I said, kissing his cheek.

"It makes me think of you." he said.

"I remember you singing it in the shower." I said, chuckling. "All I wanted to do was come in and join you and then I heard you singing and I wanted to cry, because I was sure that I would never be the one that you were singing about."

"Well, first of all, why the hell didn't you come in and join me? I wouldn't have minded at all." he said, looking over quickly with a smirk. "And who else would I be singing about? You're the only guy who could ever make me sing Edith Piaf in the shower."

"Well, I didn't come in because I was worried you'd push me back out and never speak to me again."

"You know, now that we're together, I can't believe that it took me so long to come out. I mean, we could've been going out years ago, but I was too stubborn."

"Yeah, seriously." I replied. "I mean, if I'd just spoken up when you first told me you were gay... I mean, even before then. We really are way too stubborn for our own good."

Gerard laughed and I smiled at the beautiful sound that filled the car. "We really are."

"Speaking of being stubborn, where are we going?"

"I'm not telling you." he said. "but we're only a couple minutes away."

He pulled over to the side of the road and got out of the car, running around to the passenger side and opening my door.

"Hi." I said, smiling, but confused.

"Hi." he said, leaning down and kissing me quickly.

"Are we here?" I asked, looking around at the empty stretch of highway where he'd pulled over.

"Nope." he said. "Close your eyes."

"Why?" I asked, closing my eyes anyway.

He didn't answer, but I felt cloth against my skin and I felt him tying what I assumed to be a blindfold at the back of my head.

"Gee?" I asked. "Why am I blindfolded?"

"Well, I don't want you to see where we're going."

He got back in the car and we drove for another five minutes or so before stopping again. This time, when Gerard came to my side of the car, he reached across me to unbuckle my seat belt and took both of my hands, pulling me out of the car and starting to lead me away from the car, shutting the door behind me and locking the door.

We continued walking for a while, him letting me know when to step up or not. It was getting kind of chilly. I mean, it was mid-October and we're in Jersey, not Texas.

All of a sudden, we stopped and Gerard lifted his hands up to the tie of the blindfold, but didn't untie it yet.

"Ready?" he asked, whispering in my ear, then biting my earlobe.

I shivered slightly at his breath on my skin and I could feel him smirk against my neck as he pressed his lips against the sensitive skin beneath my ear.

"I think so." I said. "I don't know what you've got out there."

He chuckled and started undoing the knot. "Would I really take you somewhere dangerous?"

"Maybe." I said. "If you classify a concert as dangerous."

He'd taken me to a concert for one of his friends' band last week and it was really fun, though I did come out of it with a couple bruises.

The blindfold fell from my eyes and I gasped at the sight in front of me.

We were on a cliff that overlooked an empty beach where we could see the sun starting to set over the water.

"Gee..." I said. "It's beautiful."

"I thought so." he said. "To be totally cheesy, I thought my beautiful boyfriend deserved a beautiful sunset."

I looked over at him and I raised an eyebrow. "Sweet. But really cheesy, even for you."

"I did warn you." It was then that I noticed the backpack on his back.

"What's in the bag?"

"We're having a picnic." he said, smiling.

"Really?" I said, getting excited. "I fucking love picnics."

"I know. You've told me." he said, pulling the backpack off and setting it down.

"Well, have I told you how much I love you lately?" I asked, wrapping my arms around his neck and kissing him softly.

"You're amazing." I said as we pulled apart.

"I know." he replied.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys. Thanks for hanging in there... I completely forgot to update at 15 comments and I feel like a horrible author. BUT I still have a couple more pre-written chapters to work off of, so If you want to get to 15 comments again, I can update :)

Thanks to the following for commenting:

Neon_Skies_Killjoy
I love your icon :) Gee's white suit makes me happy.
murderdolls_queen
xidontloveyoux
IntentToStartAFire
Frankie's Gee
Something Profound;
Oh.Watkins!
Just.a.Kid
loripextra
CollisionCourse.
Daimon
julialikesrainbows
BleedingBlackHearts
ElyRae
EmziesWay123
Problematique;
rainbowsandstuff
Rainbow_Smiles
FallenFantasy
Nytestalker
Frank_Iero
rockinout4thedead
Game Over Killjoys!
MCRgeeWay13
angy_kaulitz
paigevictoria
wingslax96
Shizzy
Exterminate
Commiserate
Fly Far Far Away
tranquility69

and to the rest of you for reading/subscribing!

<3 Casey