I Need Him, My Gerard

déjà vu

He’s awake, he’s finally awake. Mikey finally got a girlfriend, Gerard’s nurse Alicia, and they seem really happy together. Gerard can come out of hospital in a few days, and until then I’m staying with him. None of the hospital staff has said anything about me staying here with Gerard, they’re just glad I’m not suing them for what they’ve done to Gerard.

“Morning Frankie,” Gerard said, his voice thick with sleep.

“Morning Gee,” I said, not so sleepily, as I’ve been awake for a few hours now.

“Did you stay here all night?”

“Yeah, and I will every night until you’re ready to come out.” I said, taking his hands and kissing the knuckles lightly. He smiled and sighed back onto the bed.

“Thanks for taking care of me Frankie,” he whispered. I knew he always had trouble accepting help from people, so this was hard for him. We were enjoying a comfortable silence looking into each others eyes, and I know that sounds cliché, but it’s true, when the door opened and Alicia walked in.

“Morning guys,” she said, overly cheerily, and I looked at Gerard and he pulled me down a little.

“Someone got some from my little brother last night,” Gerard whispered to me, and I giggled.

“I can hear you from here y’know,” she said, and Gerard blushed in embarrassment.

“Sorry,” he mumbled, and began playing with the hem of my jumper.

“Don’t worry about it, Frankie I kind of need you to go out so I can run a few tests.” She said, smiling at me and pointing to the door. I got up to leave, and I suddenly got a sense of déjà vu. I turned slowly and saw Gerard’s face full of fear.

“Sorry Alicia, but I’m staying here,” I said, calmly but as firmly as possible.

“Look Frankie, I’m just trying to do my job.” She said, her smile faltering. She didn’t understand why I didn’t want to leave, or why Gerard was so scared.

“Sorry, but after last time, I can’t take that risk.” She stared at my face, trying to work out what I meant, and then she gasped.

“Oh, I’m so sorry, of course you can stay in,” she said hurriedly, and Gerard sighed with relief.

“Just so long as you know guys, I’m nothing like that doctor, I’d never hurt you guys.” She said quietly, and I think she was a little hurt that we didn’t trust her. I didn’t trust anyone with Gerard’s life, not even myself, or himself.

“I know you wouldn’t, but right now I don’t trust anyone, you know, and I can’t leave him alone because I’m worried about him all the time,” I said, stroking his hair affectionately.

“That’s sweet. Do you mind just going over there though, because I need some room,” she said, gesturing to the corner. I walked over there and Alicia began prodding Gerard and taking things down on clipboards. Then she produced a crazy ass needle, and I visibly saw Gerard go from white to erm, very white.

“Where’s that going to go?” I asked her, slightly bemused but also slightly worried about Gerard, he never took needles well.

“This is an anal insertion,” she said, and I burst out laughing.

“It’s a what?” Gerard asked, his voice shaky and uneven.

“I’m going to stick this big needle up your ass,’ she said slowly, and I couldn’t help but giggle again.

“Frankie, my little brother’s girlfriend is going to touch your boyfriends ass, do something about it.” He shrieked.

“I never thought of it that way,” Alicia said quietly.

“Neither did I,” I said slowly, coming over and taking Gerard’s hand.

“Well, you could always do it, it’s not hard,” Alicia said, handing me that huge needle.

“Where does it go?” I asked, slightly nervously.

“Aim for my prostate baby,” Gerard smirked, and Alicia went red. I tell you, with the amount of medical work I’ve been doing on Gerard recently, I could become a nurse.
♠ ♠ ♠
what do you think, do you guys think this sucks as much as i do?
comments?