I Need Him, My Gerard

Scarred

“I don’t know, somewhere in here,” I said waving around the room. He grumbled and got on his hands and knees to look for it under the bed, and instead pulled out a used condom stuck to the inside of a pair of unfamiliar jeans.

“Frankie?”

He held them in front of his face, he looked like he was going to cry, and sure enough tears started pouring lightly down his face as he stared me in the eyes, hurt and confusion in his eyes. I knew mine almost mirrored his. Did I cheat on my boyfriend when he was in hospital and simply wake up and not remember it?

“Gerard, I’ve never seen them before, I swear.” I said, hoping I could find a way to prove my innocence.

“Did you sleep with someone else last night?” He asked. He wasn’t accusing me, he was asking, and I couldn’t even give him a straight answer.

“I-I don’t know. I was so drunk last night I can’t remember what happened. I woke up this morning on the couch in my boxers, the bedroom was empty.” That was all the truth, that’s all I could remember about last night.

“Would you do that to me? Would my Frankie do that?” He asked himself more than me. Of course, to break this moment of crushing silence, the phone rings, but neither of us pick it up, calls can wait. But it goes through to answer phone and they leave a message.

“Hey Frankie boy, had a ton of fun last night, especially back at your place, how are our babies? Call me when you get this Hun, ok. It’s nick by the way.” Then the answer phone clicked off, and Gerard burst into a new fit of tears.

“Did you sleep with ‘nick’ last night Frank?”

“I don’t know, I guess it seems that way,” I said, in complete shock, I never thought I could hurt my Gerard like that, but apparently I can do a lot of things I never thought possible.

“Fine.” He threw the jeans down on our bed into my lap, and put his clothes back on. Then he stormed over to the wardrobe, pulling out random items of clothing and shoving them into a bag.

“Gerard? Gee?” I realised what was happening. He was leaving me, early. If he goes off to art school now I know I won’t see him again. I got up and re dialed ‘nick’s’ number. He picked up.

“Hello?”

“Is this ‘nick?”

“Yeah, whose this?”

“Frank Iero.”

“Oh, my buddy from last night?”

“Yep.” Then I turned the loud speaker on and Gerard turned to listen. I wanted us both to hear exactly what happened last night.

“I was so drunk I don’t remember what happened last night, can you tell me everything.”

“Ok, not surprising with the amount you drunk. Here goes. I went into a random bar and you were drinking beer with Ray and Bob. I bought you a drink and we started talking about stuff. You were really worried about some dude called Gerard, and you kept talking about how you should be with him but the hospital was closed or something. After about an hour of moping you got really drunk and so did I, but not so much that I lost my memory. We all left the bar and went to random stores buying crap, and we bought some puppies. Then we didn’t know where to put the puppies so you suggested your place, and we put them in there before going back to the bar. Then Ray picked up some bird and they left and me you and Bob went back to your place, where we found Ray having sex with the chick on your bed. The Polaroid’s we took of them are in your top draw I think, Bob wanted some black mail material. Then we trashed your place and got more drunk. We played dares and you knocked on every one of your Nabors doors in your underwear, then you passed out on the couch and me and bob stayed at his place.”

“That’s it? I didn’t sleep with anyone?”

“No, like who did you have in mind?”

“We got your call and thought I slept with you.”

“What? Dude I like you as a friend, and I like to messa round because you’re gay and all, but I think you have a boyfriend. Why did you think that?”

“We found a pair of jeans with a used condom in them under my bed, and Gerard is holding h=them right now.

“They’re Ray’s.” I looked over at Gerard and his eyes widened as he realised what he was holding and lobbed them against the far wall.

“That is so funny, Gerard’s you’re boyfriend right?”

“Yep.”

“Ok, have I cleared up all questions?”

“Yeah, thanks Nick, see you around?”

“Sure, I want to meet the infamous Gerard.”

“Ok, bye bye.”

“Bye.”

I turned to Gerard and sighed. He lunged at me, pulling me into a big hug.

“I’m so sorry Frankie, I shouldn’t have doubted you, ever.” He mumbled, looking at me with pleading eyes, begging for forgiveness.

“It’s ok Gee, I doubted myself, the evidence was overwhelming, and I’m very sorry, that won’t happen again.”

“Do you want to see those photo’s?”

“NO,” I said, so Gerard got them out and we sat together and looked at them. Most of them weren’t too bad, then we got to one of Ray’s little guy, and Gerard screamed and fell off the bed.

“Mentally scarred Frankie, I’m mentally scarred.” He cried, and I laughed.

“Aw, Gee come here baby,” I said, pulling him up into a hug and kissing him gently.

“We must kill Ray.”

“I agree,” I said, and we both got up and unpacked the stuff Gerard had thrown into a bag.
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry it's been so long, i went on holiday with my friends and all my free time has been spent looking after my nan who has been diagnosed with some really bad cancers. So i'm upset my stories might get angsty for a while, be warned.
comment?