I Need Him, My Gerard

Break apart

I miss Gerard so much. I haven’t seen him in like, 6 days, because he had a lot of work to do and needed to stay at school for a few extra days, so I won’t see him until next weekend. Unless I go see him. I could surprise him with a jar of peanut butter and a heavy make out session. Yeah that’s what I’ll do. I got up lazily and called a taxi. I took the unopened jar of peanut butter from the cupboard and left the apartment, leaving a note for Ray pinned on the fridge.

Ray,
Gone to surprise Gerard at school, will see you later.
Frankie xox
P.S I have taken the peanut butter.

I locked the door and went down to the waiting taxi.

“Where to?” The guy asked.

“Erm, New York school of performing arts please,” I said, and he nodded his head. I sat back and waited, hardly able to contain my excitement for the fact that I could finally see Gerard again.

“Here we are,” he said, pulling up at the campus around fifty minutes later.

“Thanks buddy,” I said, getting out and straightening out my clothes.

“Here to see your girlfriend?” he asked, smiling at me.

“Boyfriend actually,” I said, and his smile vanished.

“That’s sick,” he said, driving away rapidly. I rolled my eyes and made my way over to Gerard’s dorm room. I finally reached the right room, and knocked, putting the peanut butter behind my back. A guy answered the door in nothing but boxers and I wrinkled my nose.

“Hey is Gerard here?” I asked, and he smirked.

“Gee baby, someone’s here to see you,” he said, and I frowned in confusion. Gee baby? What’s that all about?

“Who is it hun?” Gerard asked from inside, and I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion. Why did Gerard call him hun?

“I don’t know, some boy, I think he’s from your area,” he said, moving aside. I peered in to see Gerard in his boxers, a tube of lube on the nightstand and a few random hickeys on his chest.

“Oh Crap, Frankie,” he gasped, and I just stared, opening and closing my mouth like a fish.

“Gee babe, who is he?” The man asked, going over and sitting next to Gerard on the bed.

“Erm, he, he’s, a friend from Jersey,” he finished pathetically, and I hung my head.

“Oh alright then, hi Frankie I’m Nigel, Gerard’s boyfriend.” He held out his hand and I looked at it like it was on fire. Then I spoke, the words coming out cracked and broken.

“Are you his room mate?” I asked ‘Nigel.’

“Yeah, which is lucky for us,” he said, giggling and kissing Gerard’s cheek.

“Well I brought you guys a gift,” I said, opening the jar behind me. I turned it upside down and chugged huge dollops onto the floor behind me before throwing the jar at Gerard. It hit him and peanut butter spilt all over his chest, but he didn’t move. Nigel shrieked and leapt up, and I slipped a tube of lube out of my pocket and handed it to Nigel.

“Here, you guys can have this, I won’t be needing it tonight, or possibly ever again,” I said, looking at Gerard once more before walking out and down the hall. I heard footsteps behind me, but I didn’t bother to turn round.

“Don’t even start Gerard,” I said, and they put a hand on my shoulder and spun me round.

“Who are you?” Nigel asked, the tube of lube still in his hand.

“Gerard already said, I’m his friend from jersey,” I said, and he rolled his eyes slightly.

“I know he said that, but he’s crying in there, and you brought lube with you, so please tell me what’s going on if there’s something I need to know,” he said, and I realised I had to tell him, to stop him becoming a victim, I wanted him to know just who he was dating.

“Alright then, I’m Gerard’s long term boyfriend, and he said he couldn’t come back to the apartment we share this weekend because he had a lot of work to do, so I came up here to surprise him, but he’s with you so I’m now his ex.” I finished, and Nigel’s eyes had filled up with tears.

“I’m so sorry. If I had known he was with you I never would have-” he said, but I cut in.

“Look don’t worry, neither of us are at fault here, its his fault.”

“You’re right of course. I’m going in there to break up with him right now. We both know how special he is Frank, but I could never be with a cheater.” He said, and I nodded in understanding.

“Right I might join you and officially break up with him, just to make sure he knows,” I said, and Nigel smiled. We both walked right back up to the room, but Nigel stayed outside and I went in first.
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry its been so ridiculously long... i got my inspiration back and i'm sorry about the wait, so i'll post two chapters. special thanks goes to Blackout_Nightmare, who read the whole story so far...
comment