I Need Him, My Gerard

graduation

I am so nervous right now. I’m standing behind Mikey in a long line of people, constricted in one of these stupid gowns with a ridiculous hat on my head. I can see Gerard from here and he’s laughing, probably at how stupid I look up here.

“Next up, Mikey Way,” the principal said into the microphone, and there was some applause, me included. Mikey walked briskly to the front, shook hands with the principal and got his diploma and then practically ran off the other side of the stage, where he turned to watch me get mine apprehensively, pushing his thick glasses up his nose and sighing in relief that it was over.

“Next up, Frank Iero,” the principal said and I walked forward. No one clapped, except Mikey and Gerard, who actually stood up.

“GO FRANKIE, WOO YOU SEXY BEAST,” he shouted, clapping heavily. I blushed and took my diploma quickly, running off stage and over to Mikey, where we both stared at Gerard who had now sat down and was smirking at me. It seemed that Gerard had more confidence saying what he wanted in front of these jocks who used to torment him now that he’s free of high school and so am I. I smiled at him gratefully and he winked at me. I love him so much.

“Congratulations to everyone,” the principal said finally, and Mikey ran over to his parents and I ran over to Gerard.

“You did great baby,” he said, smiling at me.

“So did you,” I said, and he blushed.

“Yeah, well I had to, you didn’t get any claps and I wanted to express how I feel about you,” he said, and I blushed.

“I love you Gerard, and obviously you’re more confident around here now that you’ve moved on with your life,” I said, and he nodded.

“Yeah, and now you can too,” he said, and I sighed.

“I know, it’ll be so great to get away from it all at last. I was thinking, I want to move up to New York with you. I could rent somewhere and get a job up there and you could leave the dorm, coz when term starts again there’s no way I’m letting you back in a room with HIM.” I said, and he nodded.

“I’d love that Frankie,” he said, smiling and kissing my lips lightly.

“Good. Shall we get out of here, I don’t fancy hanging round with this lot, do you?” I said, and he shook his head and took my hand, leading me to his car.

“Hey, you fags not staying for the party? To eager to go home and have sex?” Someone shouted and I felt my face get hot.

“Ignore them baby, you don’t ever have to listen to them again, we’re both free now,” Gerard whispered and I nodded.

“Yeah, lets just get out of here before they ruin my mood,” I whispered back and Gerard smiled and kissed my cheek.