I Need Him, My Gerard

Like a ***ing fairytale

“Oh shit…SHIT!” I yelled as I shot up in bed, accidentally flinging Gerard off the bed in the process.
“wha..wha s’hapening?” he mumbled sleepily and I laughed at the site of him sprawled over the floor, hair all rumpled and sticking out at weird angles.
“How long were we asleep for?” I asked and he shrugged. I leaned across him and spun the alarm clock Gee used for school round to face me.
“Oh shit!” I groaned, flopping back heavily on the bed. Gerard heaved himself us and sat next to me, stroking my face.
“What’s wrong baby?” He asked, concern clouding his sleepy, perfect face.
“Oh Gerard! I booked dinner reservations for us! Tonight was going to be special and we slept through it!” I wailed in disbelief.
“Aww baby, its ok!” He said, kissing my cheek gently. But he had no idea what I had planned for tonight, and tonight was meant to be perfect. How could it be perfect if we weren’t at that restaurant.
“No Gee, you don’t get it! It was meant to be perfect tonight! The whole thing was. I planned it! I fucking planned!” I moaned and he sighed.
“Frankie, its lovely that you thought so romantically, but I honestly can say, it will be perfect if you want it to be, because everything is so perfect and so magical when I’m with you,” he whispered sincerely and I smiled.
“Well earlier was pretty perfect too I guess, I wouldn’t change that for the world,” I added, thinking back to the love we’d expressed a few hours ago.
Oh yes,” he giggled, going pink at the same memory. I loved it when Gerard blushed. It wasn’t something I really got to see all that often, but I truly loved it when he did.
“So we can still be perfect?” I asked, looking at his angel face with wide eyes.
“Yeah, of course we can baby. You’re perfect. So what did you have planned for tonight, and why? What’s the special occasion?” He asked and I pursed my lips. Maybe the main perfect part of the evening had been spoiled, but no way was I going to ruin the rest by just telling him what I had planned. He needed to wait, it was meant to be a really special night, and a surprise.
“Nu-uh no way. We may not be going to a restaurant anymore but this will only be special if it’s a surprise,” I said and he pouted.
“Please Frankie?” He asked seductively, purring in my ear and biting the lobe gently.
“Oh Gerard, no fair sweetie,” I stuttered.
“Well I don’t play fair when I want to know something,” he purred again and I let out a throaty moan.
“No Gee, it’s a present for you, because I love you so much,” I tried and he stopped the assault on my senses. I breathed a sigh of relief and looked down. I was proud of myself, I was only a tiny bit hard.
“You got me a present?” He asked, his voice thick with emotion.
“Yeah baby, I love you, and it was a few days ago when you’d gone to get coffee and I was just thinking about how much I loved you and I realised I couldn’t go another day without this,” I explained and he bit his lip.
“I love you,” He replied and I smiled and leaned in to kiss him.
“So what do you want to do now?” I asked, another idea sparking in my head.
“Well I was, err, going to go and get another few packets of fags if that’s ok?” He asked and I nodded, beaming. His absence would give me the time I needed to set my new plan in action.
“Nah, nah Gee that’s fine with me love,” I said and he nodded.
“Want to come with?” He offered and I shook my head.
“Nah sorry love but I have some stuff to do here,” I explained and he nodded.
“Ok, have fun, I’ll be back in a bit,” He said and I frowned.
“Don’t be gone too long,” I laughed and he grinned, bounding over to kiss my lips gently.
“I won’t, I’d miss you too much,” he mumbled against my lips, wrapping his arms around my waist in a tight, warm hug.
“Mmm love you,” I mumbled back.
“Love you more,” he said as he breezed out the front door. I stood in a warm daze thinking about how perfect Gerard was for a few minutes before snapping into action. I ran to the kitchen and opened the cupboard under the sink. There was a jumbo bag of candles under there that I’d hidden back behind the bleach a few months back. I hadn’t had this in mind, but I was glad I had them now. I cleaned round the front room, moved the coffee table and brought our duvet into the room onto the floor. I then scattered all the candles and dimmed the lights. I waited until I could see him strolling back down our road with a fag in his hand before I began frantically running round the room lighting all the candles.
“Frankie? I’m ho-” Gerard cut himself off with a gasp as he took in the scene around him.
“Hey Gerard,” I whispered and he stared at me in disbelief.
“You did all this?” He asked and I nodded.
“I had to make things more perfect,” I said and he laughed gently.
“This is more than perfect love. You’re like a fucking fairytale,” he whispered and I smiled and kissed him.
“What’s this all about?” He asked and I smiled. I stood up and took his hands, kissing him and pulling him up. Then I dropped to the floor on one knee in front of him. He looked at me confused until I pulled out a little black velvet box. His breath hitched in his throat and tears brimmed his eyes.
“Gerard Arthur Way, I love you more than anything in the world. Will you marry me and make me the happiest man alive?” I asked him and he gasped.
“Oh Frankie, yes, oh yes! Of course I will, I love you!” He squealed. I opened the box and showed him the ring. It was a thick white gold bar with an engraving on it. He took it and held it to his face so he could read it.
“Gerard and Frankie, forever and always” he whispered and I smiled.
“That was the most profound thing I could think of,” I explained.
“Its perfect, like you,” he whispered.
“Like a fucking fairytale, love,” I whispered, quoting him from earlier.
“Everything’s really going to be alright now, isn’t it,” he asked, holding me close.
“Forever and always Gee,” I whispered back, kissing him again. Because it really was now, it was really, really going to be ok. Because I need him, my Gerard and I always have, and I absolutely always will, no matter what. Because he’s mine forever now, and I’m his, and nothing, but nothing, will ever be that important again.
♠ ♠ ♠
ok, so thats it guys. The happily ever after ending. I might write a sequel, might not, depending on the feedback from this ending.