Status: Incomplete, work in progress, chaptered

Moon Valley

Prologue

My aunt use to tell me stories, when I was a little girl, about dragons, fairies, and other kind of mythical creatures. She would spin tales of a great and noble princess who rode a magical unicorn across the silver threads of the moon and would vanquish the evil Tardoor’s minions. Saving the day and the lives of the people of Moon Valley.

My aunt was a great story teller and people loved listening to her tales. They would come from miles around just to get her to autograph books and listen to her talk. Yet, through it all she would always find time for me and spin tales just for me. She was a wonderful woman and I always looked forward to spending time with her.

My mother seemed to always to fuss at my aunt about her stories and filling my head with that fantasy riff-raff. She especially got upset right as she was leaving out my aunt’s door and would always say, “Now, Gerta, please refrain from filling her head with those stupid stories of yours. She needs to learn what the real world is like. Instead of relying on nothing but those fake stories of yours.”

Of course my aunt Gerta would always smile and tell her, “Now, sister, you know that my job is to make and tell stories. Besides, you can’t live your life without a little magic my dear. But, all the same I will try to refrain from any story telling while she is here.”

My mom would then glare at my aunt and just sigh. I could always tell my mom really hated leaving me with her sister, but she had no one else to watch me when she went on her business trips. I always threw a fit when I had to go to my aunt’s house, but secretly there was no place I would rather be than at my aunt Gerta’s house and listening to her stories.

It was times like those I cherished the most and I always found a way to get my aunt to tell me a story or continue a story we left off the last time I visited. I could almost say it was like magic staying with my aunt and sometimes I could almost swear I saw the characters she created in our stories when I went about her house or property. It was like magic surrounded the house and in the very books my aunt wrote.

Those were the best days of my childhood and I can still remember the day when the stories we use to tell came alive. That was the day I found out magic was real and sometimes you had to look deep in your heart to find the way to Moon Valley. This is my story and how a small child could change the world with just a little bit of magic.
♠ ♠ ♠
This story is just something I came up with. So, I am not sure when I will update it. So be prepared for long periods of no updates. Sorry!