One New Message

Three

I shot up in my bed, completely disoriented. It took me a moment to realize that the immensely annoying beeping sound that filled my ears was my alarm clock. Sighing, I quickly hit the off button, and freed my body of the covers. Groggily, I made my way through the apartment, and to the kitchen.

After trying to remember which of the many cupboards held mugs, I turned to the kitchen sink and lifted the faucet handle, causing cool water to stream down. Filling my mug, I grabbed a couple of tea bags from a box, placed them in the water, and put the mug into the microwave.

When I was through drinking my morning tea, I made my way into the bathroom and turned on the shower. Stripping off my pajamas, I stepped into the warm spray.

As I was finishing with my shower, my mind, once again, began to wander. I thought of school, friends, and even what exceptionally disgusting luch the cafeteria workers would be making for us lucky students today. I always saved the best of my thoughts and wonderings for last though. Now, I was standing under the constant spray of the warm water, smiling, eyes closed, thinking about the amazing conversation Logan and I had yesterday.

Sent At: 2:54 PM, By: Rinn --
Hey :)

Received At: 2:54 PM, From: Logan --
Hey there beautiful. How are you?

I'd smiled, maybe even blushed a little, and quickly replied, my fingers expertly gliding over the keys.

Sent At: 2:55 PM, By: Rinn --
I'm good; And you?

Recieved At: 2:54 PM, From: Logan --
I'm great, now that I'm talking to you.


We talked about all kinds of things. School, movies, music, you name it. We were both content just talking about whatever, as long as we were talking. And when he calls me beautiful.. I get butterflies in my stomach just thinking about it. I've had plenty of other boys call me beautiful, but there was just something about the fact that it was him saying it.. It was different somehow.

When I was finished with my shower, I proceeded to pick out an outfit for the day. I ended up choosing a cute white shirt, a light pink skirt that came to just above my knees, white leggings, which stopped a few inches short of my ankles, and pink flats. After drying my hair, I left it down, so my loose blond curls bounced when I walked.

Logan and I didn't speak at school, but he'd told me yesterday that he loved my hair, especially when I wore it down. We communicate in little ways like this. For example, when I first told him that my favorite color was blue, he wore a blue shirt the next day.

Smiling in remembrance, I finished applying mascara to my lashes and looked myself over once more in the mirror before grabbing my school bag from my bed, and heading out the door on my way to school.
♠ ♠ ♠
Things will begin to get interesting soon. Promise.

Comments..?
Subs..?