The Dark Before Dawn

o n e

Farley Goode sighed as she turned over in her bed, hearing the annoying ring of her cell phone. She sighed and reached over to the night stand and grabbed it. When she saw that it was her mother, she immediately answered, knowing that something was wrong.

"Hello?" She asked, sitting up in her bed, running her fingers through her hair.

"Farley... It's Brendon." her mother said, sobbing.

Panic rose in Farley's throat as she heard her mother speak quickly into the phone.

Soon, Farley was sobbing uncontrollably as her mother spoke of her cousin, Brendon.
Brendon Wayne Micheals had been her best friend growing up. They had done everything together, always being connected at the hip. But then their senior year, she had graduated and headed to New York to attend the school of Photography and Arts, and later to Las Vegas with her best friend.

Her mother told her that Brendon had left his friends house at midnight to go home and had never made it. She explained to her daughter that he had been hit by a drunk driver, and he had died on impact.

After promising to be home for the funeral, Farley sighed and got out of her bed, pacing across her carpeted bedroom floor. Suddenly the tears poured down her face uncontrollably.
She never imagined she would have to attend her cousins funeral. They were both the same age, born only months apart. In high school, Brendon had been the kid that everyone knew, and never had a bad word to say about him. He was everyones friend and he was a genuine person. He never spoke bad of anyone, though he did smoke. She had always fussed that he would die young, but she never imagined it would be this soon.

Farley went into the small spartment kitchen and grabbed a bottle of sleeping pills, ready to get rest before her life became a whole lot more chaotic. She knew she would have to make flight plans tomorrow and she would have to help make funeral plan when she got to Huntington. She sighed and took the two prescribed pills and walked back to her room and layed down. She turned over and got comfortable and started counting backwards from 100, trying her hardest not to think of what the morning would bring.
♠ ♠ ♠
Farley

okay. New Story.:D
Sorry it's short, but we're just starting out.

Comment...Subscribe.:D