The Dark Before Dawn

t h r e e

Farley stared at the laptop screen until her eyes began to blur. She was planning her trip to California and it seemed that when she started making progress, she remembered the reason she was going back.
She sighed and took of her glasses, placing them on the counter next to the glass of juice that Vera had fixed her.
Rubbing her face, she picked up the glass and took a drink, savoring the tangy flavor as it rolled down her throat.
When she heard the shower turn off in the bathroom, she waited for Vera to come out, not wanting to be alone with her faults.
"Did you say you were going to ask your boss for sometime off, so you could go with me?" Farley asked, rubbing her hands up her arms, getting goose bumps.
"Yeah. I'll ask, but I can't promise anything." She said, sadly as she towel dried some of her hair.
Suddenly Farley’s eyes began to water and she put her hands to her face, sobbing. Soon she felt Vera's arms go around her in a comforting hug.
"Oh, Far. I don’t know how you feel, but I know how close you guys were." Vera said, rubbing her back.
"I just can't believe he's gone." She said, sobbing into her shoulder.
"I know, sweetie." She whispered into her ear.
A few minutes later, after Farley had calmed down, she pulled away and looked at her, a sad smile gracing her lips.
"I'll be back as soon as I can, okay?" She asked, searching Farley's eyes.
"Okay.' She whispered.
"All right, you go lay down and rest and I'll see you when I get back." Vera walked her to her room and shut her door, so Farley wouldn’t be disturbed by her getting ready.
Farley climbed into her bed and pulled the sheets above her head, praying for sleep.
After several minutes of not being able to fall asleep, she climbed out and walked over to her computer desk, grabbing her iPod and then laying back down.
After picking a song, she started playing a game, taking her mind of everything but winning. Soon enough, her eyes started wavering and getting heavier.
She pulled the headphones out of her ears and turnt it off, placing it on the table beside her. She closed her eyes and sung the alphabet in her head.
By the letter M, she was out, small snores escape her mouth.
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry its so short. .:/

one subscriber.:)
hello.:)

commant.
subscribe.
prett please.?