The Dark Before Dawn

n i n e

Farley had been back home for two days. Today was Brendon's funeral and she wasn't looking forward to it. Her whole family had welcomed her with open arms and eyes filled with tears. Never had she seen her parents cry so much. She wanted to hug them and say it would be all right, but she knew it wouldn't. Nothing would ever be the same again.
Sighing, she grabbed the curling iron off her bathroom sink and began curling her hair. Tears streamed down her face as she curled the long lacks of hair. Fifteen minutes later she was ready to go, make up and hair done and she was in her dress, waiting in the living room.
Shaun, Brendon's brother came into the living room in his suit and grabbed her arm, gently helping her up from the couch. She could clearly see the tears running down his face as he led her out to the car. She hugged and kissed his cheek, slipping into the car. After her aunt, uncle, mom and dad had all gotten into the car, Shaun pulled out of the drive way and drove to the cemetery where Brendon would be buried.

As she stepped out of the car, she followed her family to their seats. She tightly gripped Shaun's arm and glanced around at all the people gathered for her cousins funeral. Though she had been away for years their were people she recognized, but the majority she had never seen before. She followed Shaun to their seat and sat beside him, holding his hand. Though Brendon's casket had yet to arrive, almost all the seats were taking and people arriving were having to stand. People came by to pay their respects before Brendon arrived. About ten minutes later, the hearse pulled in and the pall bears brought it to set infront tof the family. The casket was a light wood and it had his initials carved into the top. Tears seemed to flow at the sight of the casket that held her beloved cousin and friend. The casket was to remain closed because their had been too much damage to his body to let anyone see. Though she was sad she would never really get to say goodbye, she knew he would be in her heart.

Forty five minutes later, the crowd was paying their respects to the family. She would tearfully smile at everyone who hugged her and shook her hand. After the crowd had passed, she went to the casket and layed her rose on it.

"I love you. Don't you ever forget that. I promise I won't ever forget you, I love you so much." She said, tears streaming.

She stood up straight and fixed her crinkled dress. She suddenly wished Vera was here to help her through this. She knew here friend had tried her hardest to come. Walking back to her seat to grab her bag, she saw five men headed her way. Though she had never been afraid of men, Shaun and her family were gathered at the other side of the cemetery talking to the funeral directer.

She glanced up to see them walking closer They seemed to all have the same style. One had a close shave and had aviators tucked into the pocket on his tux. Another one must have been 6'5 and had goofy looking face. Another was about as tall as her and had Blondie hair. Another had black, unruly hair that seemed to look messed up but must have been perfect. Then, the last in the group wasn't too tall or short and was a little thick in the middle. His eyes were a piercing green that looked sad, yet curious. When they finally reached her, she looked up and smiled sadly.

"Can I help you?" She asked, not sure if they had been Brendon's friends.
"We just came to say how sorry we were for your loss, Brendon was a good friend of ours." The man said, motioning to the four men surrounding him. She smiled a little.
"I appreciate that. It means a lot. I'm glad he had lots of friends while he was alive." She said, nodding to all the men. Though they were a few feet taller than her, she knew they couldn't have been much older than her.
"I'm sorry, how were you related to Brendon?" The man with green eyes asked.
"I'm his cousin, Farley." She said, reaching her hand out to shake his.
He smiled and shook back.
"I'm Zack."
♠ ♠ ♠
I am sooo Sorry! This took way tooo long to get out, but here it is.:) Hope you enjoy.

Farls.