Status: One shot. Completed.

Your Name In Lights

1/1

“Alexis, you don't have to do this,” Jack pleaded, watching as Alexis stripped of her street clothes and into the slutty outfit she was forced to wear, tight white shorts and a corset. She didn't mind stripping in front of Jack, because she did it every night for people she didn't even know. She didn't like it, but she could do nothing else. Her life was this, no matter how hard she worked to get out of it. Jack looked at her with pleading eyes, watching almost hungrily as she tied up her corset, biting her lip with concentration. “You don't have to be Maria. You can just come and be my Alexis,” Jack pleaded even further, making a tear slip from both his eye and Alexis', reminding them of the painful relationship between the two.

“Jack, you don't understand. I have to do this.” Alexis sat down on one of the chairs surrounding her stage, the club getting ready to open for the night. The club was tinted pink and yellow with the strobe lights and pink bubbles were all around the club, a almost intoxicating combination. She grabbed her heels, high enough to break her ankles, and slipped them on her feet, towering over Jack. Jack gave her a strange look, as if he didn't truly believe this was her. Jack tried to wrap his arms around her waist, but she pushed him away. “Get out of here, Jack. My show is in ten minutes.”

Jack looked hurt, as if he wanted to see Maria, Alexis' persona, do what she did best. Maria was amazing on stage, Jack knew it. He had met Alexis here for the first time since high school, watching her do her thing. Her name was up in lights, just how Alexis had always wanted it to be. She may not have meant it like this, but her name was in lights all the same. Around the two, more and more strippers were getting ready for their first set of the night. The club lights were already dimming, the sound of intoxicated men already audible from outside, where there was no doubt a line. Jack looked at Alexis sadly, as if he wished he didn't have to do this. “Make it last, Alexis,” He whispered, before Alexis pushed him out of the club. But Jack was deceiving. Once he was outside, he quickly found his friends, and bandmates, each holding a pile of cash.

“How's Alexis?” Alex asked kindly, trying to help Jack. He knew how much Jack liked Alexis, and how difficult it was to watch her get up on that godforsaken stage and strip, when there were so many other things she could do. Jack shrugged, taking his disguise out of the bag and watching as Zack and Rian finished their own disguises. As disgusting as it was, the boys loved watching Alexis on stage, but she would never allow them in as they were. They dressed up in disguises, and watched Alexis do her thing as Maria.

The doors opened, flocks of men, and a few women, practically ran into the strip club. The four boys secured their spots in front of Maria's stage, their usual seats. The boys were here every night Maria preformed. The boys each held a stack of cash, their pants already tightening at the thought of Maria doing what she did best on that stage, just inches from their fingers. Rian was gripping the gold bars that surrounded the stage, a barrier of sorts. Reaching into his pocket, Jack pulled out a picture of he and Alexis from high school, before Alexis was called into stripping. They were laying on the beach, their hands held in the sand and smiles on their innocent faces. Jack smiled. Where had the innocence gone?

The lights on the stage dimmed, the curtains drawn. The only visible thing were the lights above the stage, Alexis' stage name in lights, making all the boys wonder if this was what she always wanted. Jack could feel his pants tighten even that much more, and he felt awful. He was just like every other boy in this room. He just wanted Alexis for her body. He placed the picture back in his pocket, even though he knew that he was here for so much more than that. He was going to do this with Alexis, even if she didn't know it.

The curtains fell, and the lights turned on, revealing Maria. Jack would admit it. She was amazing at what she did. Jack just missed Alexis as the sound of Maria's heels hit the hardwood floor of her stage and her skinny hands wrapped around the gold pole she was proud to call hers.
♠ ♠ ♠
Eh, not sure how I feel about this. But please comment on it, since I did try my hardest to take the song and turn it into a one shot. It's shorter than my usual one shot, but I think it's decent. Your thoughts?

Means a lot.