Status: Complete. Sequel out!

Desires Of The Unknown

"Glitter Day!"

I grabbed my keys and went to my car, getting ready to pick up the kids. I got into the driver's side as a bullet sailed past my head, breaking the back window and leaving a hole in the windshield. I cussed and quickly moved the driver's seat back. I slid down the seat as another bullet came, burning the skin on my neck. I let out a silent scream at the pain.
I grabbed my gun from under my seat and got out of the car quickly. I ran for a bush, ignoring the sticky blood that was pouring out of my wound. When I got to the bush, I started to shoot in the general direction the shots were coming from. I heard a scream, and I assumed that I hit them. I smiled slightly and made my way to the door as fast as I could.
When I got inside, I sighed and shut the door quickly. I tossed my gun on the table, along with my keys that were still in my hand. I called Carlos as I fell to the ground. The adrenaline was gone and the dizziness was setting in.
Instead of Carlos coming to get me, Valentine did. He quickly picked me up and brought me to the kitchen. He laid me on the island and put a dish towel to my wound. My eyes started getting heavier as time went on and more blood was lost.
"Keep your eyes open," he whispered, over and over again.
"Tired," I whispered back.
"You can't sleep just yet. Give me a few more minutes."
I made a small noise in the back of my throat as sleep started to over power me. I closed my eyes, only intending to rest for only a second. My eyes stayed closed until I felt something cold hit my head. I opened my eyes and looked at Valentine.
"You need to stay awake."
"S'hard."
"I know, but you need to do it."
"No," I muttered, as darkness consumed me.

I opened my eyes and they instantly went to my hand, where an IV was sticking out. I took it out carefully, making sure I didn't tear the skin around the incision. I sat up, feeling the tightness on the right ride of my neck. My hand went to it, but all I could feel was a bandage.
"I fixed a few veins," came Carlos' voice. "And stitched up your wound."
"Thanks," I croaked.
"You should have stayed up."
"I didn't have much of a choice. I was tired and the blood loss was getting to me."
He rolled his eyes. "You could have stayed up if you wanted to."
"Your right, I wanted to die."
"That's a lie too. You wouldn't leave these kids without a fight."
"Who got them?"
"Valentine. They’re in the dining room, eating dinner."
I nodded. "Can you help me up?"
He nodded and came over to my bed. He picked me up effortlessly and I wrapped my arms around his neck. He carried me out of my room and down the stairs, to the dining room. He set me down and I walked to the table.
Valentine looked up from his plate as I sat down. He smiled at me, but I just raised an eyebrow. His smile changed to a smirk.
"You said something interesting when you were passed out."
"Oh?" I asked, smiling at Carlos, who brought me a plate.
"Yeah. I believe it was something along the lines of loving me."
"I don't love you," I said truthfully.
"No," he said, still smirking. "But your falling in love with me."
"I already told you that."
"You were nicer when you were asleep."
"You’re nicer when you don't talk."
"Ouch. Cold much?"
"Very," I smirked.
"Can I talk to you in the kitchen?"
"Fine," I said curtly.
I got up, but took a piece of cornbread and went to the kitchen. Valentine followed me closely. He spun me around when we were out of sight and close to the island. I leaned against the island and took a bite on the cornbread. It crumbled and I pouted at the ground.
"Damn," I muttered.
I went to go grab the broom, but I slammed back into the counter, making me squeak. It was a good squeak though. Valentine smirked and pressed himself closer to me. I whimpered.
"Is my little Jenny a masochist?" I just squeaked as he pressed himself closer. "I think you are."
He bit my neck quickly, making me let out another squeak. "Okay! Yes, I am. Stop!"
He back up with a smirk on his face. "That's what I thought."
I glared at him. "I'm going to my room."
I walked past him, out of the kitchen and into the dining room. He followed me until I got to the stairs. When I got to the top, I noticed he was still at the bottom step.
"Yeah, way mature Jen."
I looked back at him. "I'm sixteen, not twenty-six. Don't forget that."
I walked to my room and closed the door behind me quickly. I sat in the middle of it, legs crossed and head down. I looked up and looked around my room, feeling that something was off. On the left side of my bed, where Valentine sleeps in one of kids has a nightmare and wants us both, a little velvet box was on my bedside table along with an envelope.
I leaned over and picked it up. I opened the box first, ignoring what most people do. I smiled at the simple, pink necklace that said GF on half a heart. I let out a small, amused laugh. I opened the envelope and the other half of the heart fell out. It was blue and said BF.
I took the small note out.
I'm falling for you too. Care to share?
I smiled and looked at the door as the red light flashed. Valentine opened the door slowly, poking his head in. I smiled at him and held out the pink necklace for him.
"I'm supposed to have the blue one."
"I'm abnormal."
He chuckled and walked in. "Don't I know it."
He sat on my bed, facing me. I looked down at my hands, where the note and two necklaces were. I bit my lip and held out the pink one for him again. He chuckled and took it.
"Is that a yes?"
"And if it is?" I asked softly, looking up at him.
He looked thoughtful, but I knew it was for show. He looked back at me and leaned closer. "I just might have to," he stopped, pressing his lips to mine.
I close my eyes as he closed his. I dropped the necklace and note to wrap my arms around his neck. I fell backwards and he followed, not breaking the contact our lips had. They moved in sync, unlike this morning when they were moving awkwardly for a minute. He bit my bottom lip lightly, admitting a low moan from the back of my throat. He pulled away and I opened my eyes to look into his.
"And that's my cue to stop."
I whined and relaxed against the bed. Valentine still hovered over me, a smile on his lips. He moved his right hand to my left cheek. He ghosted his finger from my temple to my chin, like he was trying to memorize my face.
"Happy Birthday."
"Thank you," I said softly.
"How is your neck?"
"Fine."
"What happened?"
"I was going to get the kids and then I was being shot at. I don't know who, but I think I shot someone."
"Yeah," he said softly, stroking my cheek again. "I found him. He was hit for hire. Low."
"I just want to stop living a lie."
"What do you mean?"
I just stared at him. "Will you stay with me?"
He nodded and kissed my forehead. I closed my eyes and felt the bed dip on my left side. His arm slid around my waist and I moved closer to him. He kissed my neck, making me sigh happily.
"What do you want to do tomorrow?"
I giggled. "It's the first Saturday of October."
"Yeah, so?"
"You'll see," I yawned.
"Tired?"
"Mhm."
"That would be the morphine kicking in."
"Morphine?"
"I gave it to you a few minutes before you woke up. Took a while for it to kick in."
"Hmm," I sighed.

"Glitter Day!" Carlos cheered as he walked down the stairs.
I chuckled as I sprinkled chocolate sprinkles on the peanut butter covered pancakes. I put it in front of Charlie. I started spreading peanut butter on another pancake as Valentine walked into the kitchen. I smiled up at him and he smiled back.
"What's Glitter Day?"
"You'll find out."
He did find out. After the kids had eaten and cleaned up. I grabbed the many tubed of glitter and sat them down on the table. There was no reason for it, just for fun. I opened a few and gave them to the kids. I then opened the rest and gave them to the older ones. I smirked and opened the other thirty or so tubes and put them on the table. I grabbed one for myself and looked at everyone. Terence was sitting in his high chair, giggling the whole time.
"Rules," I said. "No face. No Terence. And no hitting."
"What's the point of all this?" Valentine asked, pouring glitter into his hand.
I threw glitter at him, giggling. He glared at me, and all hell broke loose. Valentine and Carlos dumped glitter down my cleavage, making me squeal. Charlie was dumping glitter on his brother's head while Sierra and Samantha threw glitter at each other. Savannah was taking pictures while Johnathan just laughed.
I went for more glitter, grabbed three tubes. I laughed as the fight continued. When it was over, we continued to scramble for more glitter, brushing it off the table or piles off the ground. I eventually gave up and just pushed Valentine to the ground, with much ease. I grabbed his feet and dragged him around in the glitter that littered the floor. I let go of his feet, discreetly picking up some glitter.
He sighed and got up, playfully glaring at me. I made my way towards him. He glanced at my hand and backed up.
"Don't even think about it."
"Think about what?" I asked innocently.
He paused and I threw the glitter on him. I laughed uncontrollably. I tried to run away as he advanced towards me. He wrapped his arms around my waist, hoisting me up, claiming that I need a 'time out'. I put my arms on his and curled my legs up as he walked to a corner. He set me down as I continued to laugh, leaning against the wall.
I turned around, just in time to see Carlos drag Sierra and Samantha through the glitter on the floor. Savannah continued to snap pictures and Terence was still giggling with a bit of glitter on his face and clothes.
I just smiled and watched as glitter filled the air after Charlie and Gordon threw in at each other. I completely forgot that I was shot at yesterday and that Valentine was a triple agent.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm so tired! But I'm nice, so I got this out! =D Summer is good. Lol.
So that last part, the glitter fight, yeah, that was my last day of school in a nut shell. I still have glitter in my hair. But it was worth it. And I did get put in a corner for throwing glitter at my guy friend. I also helped my friend push my ex to the floor where glitter was EVERYWHERE and she dragged him through it.
It's been a good week. Even if I did have to take Exams. But, I'm out. =]
And PLEASE! Read my other story, Needing And Wanting! You don't really need to read the prequel. But Needing And Wanting needs love really bad!

ShangaziPanda- Thanks! I like to know what people think of my story, even if they think the purple is blurry. I try to fix what I can. =D I read your story, subscribed, didn't have enough time to comment, but its interesting. I like it. =]
shygirl1993- Wow, hot and heavy? Nope. He;s English, so he is to be a perfect gentlemen, until I decide he is to rip of her clothes and do it like they do on the discovery channel. Lol, sorry, that song is stuck in my head today. I hope you got some food... Lol