Status: Complete. Sequel out!

Desires Of The Unknown

"Or you could put Snuffy up for a adoption."

I bit my lip and started at my boyfriend. Boyfriend. It had been four and half months and that word made me want to smile every time. I ignored it all though and just watched as he studied for his covert ops exam. I took the class last year, the youngest ever, and was helping him. He was studying with a few others in covert ops. They were passing notes, all different, and they had to end up with the same note they started with thirty minutes later. I could tell a few were passing notes.
"Stop," I said. All ten of them stopped. "Jeff, Amy, Anthony and Cam, I can tell when you are passing these notes, and there are hundreds of people in this park. I want you to sweep by them and give them the note."
"Yes, ma'am," they said simultaneously.
"Come over here, Carlos and I will show you how it's done," I said, sticking a piece of gum into my mouth.
They all walked over to me, all of them older than me. Carlos started walking away, acting like he didn't know me. I smirked at the class and turned away. I heard someone come behind me, they were breathing a bit harder than a normal person, but not hard enough that they were exercising. I spun around, and kicked then in the gut. It was another hit for hire. Carlos came running over and I kicked the guy in a head to knock the guy out.
That was the fourth one since the first one. It was getting annoying. I was being watched 24/7, and I know who it was. We couldn't find him though. He was only seen, when he wanted to be seen. My brother was dating his girlfriend, but I had yet to tell him his girlfriend was the second of five attempts to kill me. She was the only one we couldn't catch.
"Studying is over for the day," I said. "Go home and work on being sneakier."
They all bid Valentine, Carlos and I a goodbye and left. I started at the guy and saw a knife in his left hand. He had a scar on his right cheek and to the left side of his cheek. His skin was naturally tan. I looked at Carlos and saw his face blankly. I looked at Valentine and nodded to the body, silently telling him to take him to the car.
Carlos just walked off. I sighed and followed him, annoyed about the whole thing. I called his name but he didn't stop, not until I yelled at him. He froze and turned to me slowly.
"You don't get it! You don't know what it's like!"
"Like what is like?!" I asked frustrated.
"Watching a whole village get slaughtered!"
"Try three," I said softly.
"What?"
"I had to watch Jerry kill three villages and twenty random people that he found on the way to those villages."
He tried to step closer, but I stepped back. "Why didn't you tell anyone?"
"Why would you talk about something like that? It's in my report, that's all that's needed."
I walked away, not even waiting for him. Valentine had gotten the guy in the trunk and was shutting it when I walked up. I smiled at him and got into the back seat, since I was the smallest. Carlos came back to the car a few minutes after me. He looked calmer, but his eyes were still haunted.
"You should tell him," Carlos said, going to the trunk and heaving the guy out.
"Tell me what?" Valentine asked as he shut the trunk and Carlos carried the guy inside.
"Nothing," I said softly, following Carlos.
He grabbed my hand and pulled me into his chest, my chest to his stomach. I looked up at him. "Who is that?"
"One of the eleven guys that killed the village."
"And what are you supposed to tell me?"
"It's a secret," I whispered, a small smirk on my face. "So, I'll tell you mine if you tell me yours."
I turned and walked into the house, not looking back, but there was a smirk on my face. I heard him call my name, but I ignored it and walked to the kitchen where Carlos was tying him up on a chair. I hopped onto the counter, glad that Johnathan had taken the kids to Chuck-E-Cheese, like the idiot he was.
I grabbed the water sprayer from the sink and turned on the water. When Carlos was sure everything was secure, I pointed the sprayer at the scar faced guy and pushed the button for the water to came out of the sprayer. The cold water hit the guy in the face, making him jump and try to move his face away from the water. I stopped spraying the water and just stared at the guy as he coughed.
"So," I said, motioning Carlos over to me. "Name?"
He just laughed and said something in Spanish that shall never be repeated for the fact that I would most likely kick him in the face again. Carlos quickly said something back, shutting the guy up quickly, and I only caught a few gruesome words from it, I was too busy looking at Valentine. He had come in when the guy threatened me and he glared at the guy. Valentine then said some nasty things in Spanish also.
"Stop!" I said loudly. "English!"
"Why?" the guy asked, his accent very heavy. "You kill me any way."
"Maybe," I shrugged. "Maybe not."
"I will tell you nothing!" Then, he started cussing me in Spanish and talking about, me, a dog and jar of peanut butter. "Bitch."
I grabbed a knife out of the block the big, sharp ones were in and hopped off the counter. I walked around the island slowly, dragging the knife on the counter lightly. I smirked at the guy and Carlos couldn't hold back a smile. I stopped in front of him and cocked my hip to the right side, resting most of my weight on my right leg.
"She's the bad cop," Valentine said in Spanish for the guy.
I took the knife and plunged it into his left arm, about four inches from his wrist, right between the bones. He screamed, oh, did he scream. My smirk got wider as I saw a van pull up from the window. I cursed softly, running out of the house as Johnathan got out of the van.
"Take them to my cousin."
"Why?"
"Just do it. Carlos!" I called. "Carlos!" He walked out. "I need you to go with Johnathan."
"Why?" he asked.
"You're way too close to this."
I pointed to the van and he stayed where he was. Johnathan walked over and grabbed his hand, having lost the ability to blush and be shy over the months, and pulled him to the van. I sighed and waited until they were out of the gate until I went back inside to Valentine had killed the guy.
"I hope you got the information."
"Phone," he said curtly, dragging the chair with the body still in it to the front door. "Call the guys to come get him."
I did, telling them to hurry. Valentine had gone up stairs, most likely to our room. He was tense, and that scared me a bit. I hung up the phone and went upstairs, knowing the guys will get it and get out with the body, no one would know. I went to my room and saw that Valentine was lying on the bed, staring at the ceiling.
"What happened?" I asked, leaning against the door frame.
"Nothing."
"I'm not an idiot."
"He just told me what he wanted to do to you and I got angry. I looked at his phone, hoping that he had family or something to threaten, but he had pictures, of you and Jerry."
"From last summer?"
"Yeah," he said softly.
I was about to say something, but I had to run to my bathroom and let out the little food I did eat this morning. My hair was taken from my hands as I coughed into the toilet. I sat back, leaning against Valentine when I realized he was right behind me. He let go of my hair and let his arms go around my stomach.
"That was last summer," I finally said, breaking the silence.
"You two looked pretty cozy."
I gave a small laugh, amused that he was jealous. "I will admit the sex was great." I looked over my shoulder at him. "But you're better."
He kissed my forehead. "Damn right."
I stood up. "I'm going to take a nap." I wobbled a bit, but Valentine steadied me with his hands on my hips. "Whoa."
"You okay?"
"Yeah, probably just a bug."

"Not a bug," I muttered to Carlos as we stared at the damn plastic stick. "Fuck!" I said loudly, throwing it across the bathroom. I washed my hands and walked out of my bathroom to see Valentine still sleeping with Terence by his side and Charlie on the other. I blinked away the tears and walked out of the room, Carlos behind me. I didn't stop walking until I was in the kitchen and making some Kool-Aid for the kids when they woke up. ”What am I going to do?"
"It's up to you. They'll put you on leave for the last two months of the pregnancy and a month afterwards. You could keep it," he started.
"Don't call the fetus it."
"Then what?"
I shrugged and said distantly, "Just not it."
"Okay," he said hesitantly. "You can keep," he paused for a second. "Snuffy," I let out a small giggle. "Or you could put Snuffy up for a adoption." He looked at me. "Or you could abort Snuffy."
"No," I said quickly. "Not happening. Never."
He nodded and sighed. "I'll get you some things when I go to the store."
"Thanks."
"At least you aren't having my child."
I let out a laugh. "Yeah, that would be one fucked up family."
"Who's?" Valentine asked, walking into the kitchen with Terence in his arms.
"If I got pregnant with Carlos's baby."
"You would abort it," Valentine said like it was the easiest thing.
"What?" I asked.
"You don't have time for a new born baby."
"Right," I muttered. "Adoption?"
"You can't take three months off." I just stayed silent. "So, how are you feeling?"
I grabbed a banana and took Terence from him. "Crappy." I just walked up to my room.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know it's short, but come on, a death and a pregnancy! =D Good stuff! Tehehe.
So, it is almost 6 PM, and I have still yet to get dressed. =] Oh well! That's it. I really have nothing else to say.....
Though, I would like a comment or two........ Just in case you were wondering....