Suicidal Education

Chapter one

The porcelain tile felt cool against my cheek as I laid there wishing the floor would just open up and eat me alive.

I wanted to be invisible for once.

I could hear heavy, high-heeled footsteps going upstairs. She was looking for me.

I thought maybe if I stayed quiet and didn't move she wouldn't find me.

FAT CHANCE

There was a knock at the door. "Mandy?"

I ignored her.

"Amanda Lee open this door!"

Uh oh! She used my middle name. Now I'm so inclined to do what she says.

She tried the handle, but when she found it locked, stalked off muttering to herself.

Minutes later I heard the lock click and the door swung open, revealing my rather disgruntled step-mother.

"Oh for Pete's sake Amanda, get off the floor!"

I ignored her still.

She crouched down next to me and pushed my messy hair away from my face. "Why are you lying on the bathroom floor?"

"I thought I locked the door"

"The house has a master key"

"Then what's the fucking point!?" I muttered.

"You know I don't like that language"

I rolled over so I wasn't facing her. "Go Away!"

"Amanda why won't you ever talk to me?"

Hm, let's see. You're a overbearingly catholic woman who uprooted my life so you could be closer to "our" family. I'm not even fucking related to any of them! Oh and not to mention the fact that you drove my father into an early grave. Literally. He died in a car crash but the police determined it a suicide. Hell I don't even blame him! I'd want to kill myself too if I was married to such a hypercritical bitch. I ranted in my head. "I said go away!"

She sighed, stood up and fixed her hair in the mirror. "Fine, but clean yourself up. We're going to aunt Cathy's house in 10 minutes." Then she left, closing the door behind her.

"She's not my AUNT!!!" I called after I was sure she was out of range.

I picked myself off the floor and stood in front of the mirror. I cringed at the reflection staring back at me. One thing was for sure; I defiantly looked as bad as I felt.

I ran a brush through my golden blonde, long hair and gently scrubbed off yesterday's makeup, trying in vain not to disturb the bruise under my right eye. It had turned that ugly purple-ish yellow color, and cover-up didn't make it disappear completely. I still had nightmares about the night.
♠ ♠ ♠
I haven't done anything with this story for a while and I'm bringing it back to life on this site. It gets better though. Don't worry.