Suicidal Education

Chapter four

"Are you okay?"

I opened my eyes and soaked in my surroundings. I was lying on my back in the dirt while two guys stood at either side of me looking clueless. I simply blinked up at them.

"I think she hit her head when she fell or something. Should we call 911?" I saw the one with the glasses ask his friend. It was taking me awhile to remember exactly what happened.

"Maybe"

I shook my head and sat up. "No. I'm fine, really."

"Are you sure? You've got a giant bruise on your face" Replied the glasses guy.

"That was there before, but thanks anyway." I stood up, but once I was on my feet my body swayed dangerously.

"You should probably sit down." They helped me over to a bench and forced me to sit down.

"Thank you all so much, but you don't have to do this."

"You're new around here" stated the quieter one with black hair.

"How'd you know?"

"If you weren't you'd know not to walk around by yourself in this neighborhood. At least not dressed like that." I blushed.

"I'm Gerard." He shook my hand. "That's my brother."

"Mikey." Glasses guy shook my hand too.

"I'm Amanda."

"You should be glad that some homicidal maniac didn't find you and chop your body into a thousand little pieces." My eyes widened at Gerard, horrified.

"Forgive my brother. He's always been a bit on the morbid side." Mikey apologized laughing.

I laughed nervously.

Gerard jumped up and checked his watch. "Well, we have to go or Mom will have a fit. She has this thing about family dinners on Friday. Do you have a car or somewhere to go?"

I wasn't positive that I could trust these guys, but they seemed genuine enough. "Actually the thing is … I'm kind of lost."

"Oh, okay. Well do you know your address? I'm sure Mikey and I can find it."

I looked down at my feet and studied my flip-flops. "Uh … you see I don't really want to go back right now. I left on extremely bad terms."

"Okay, then come home with us. I'm sure my mom won't mind feeding you too."

Both Mikey and I looked at Gerard like he was insane. "Are you serious? You just met me."

"Yeah, but I can't just leave you out here in the dark now can I?"
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's short but I have the cold from hell and my head hurts.