Status: Returned. Co-write.

The ED Diaries

arthur.

Image

America sucks. Americans suck. School sucks. Parents suck. Teachers suck. Life sucks.

Arthur struggled with the cigarette—it seemed to be quite comfortable in the package, but he eventually won and placed the butt of it between his thick mouth. Brown eyes were frantically searching the parking lot, his left foot leaning on the brick wall and tapping spastically. The movement was sending vibrations throughout the entirety of his body; such a small body for such a large-minded boy.

Drugs rule. Sex rules. Cigarettes rule. Smoking rules. Money rules. Jail does not.

The match burnt the end of the cigarette and the inflammation of smoke to lungs made all the pain go away. Arthur couldn’t help the half-smile lilting on the edge of his mouth as customer number one approached. A girl, small and pretty—blonde and dark. Just like the girls back home.

Arthur shifted in his skin, grumbling beneath his breath at the memory of home. Brazil. Where everything was simple and right. America was hell—America was what raped and starved him. America was killing his heart and his soul and his being. The drugs, the sex, and this whore were what were keeping him alive.

Her name was Theresa and this was not her first time. Arthur smiled, and he leaned forward puckering his mouth in cynicism and seriousness. Theresa smiled slightly before obliging his command and soon the clothes were gone and the deed was done—but just as the exchange happened the sirens were ringing and Arthur was running.

Forget Theresa, she could get fucked, not him. A tackle, a court date and a parental exchange later—Arthur was moving to the East Coast to move in with dear old Uncle Mickey and Aunt Janet. But nothing had changed—in fact it was worse.

Arthur was beginning to feel wrong. Like the insides of him were burning as those days were remembered and there was nothing but his fingers to expel that feeling. Uncle Mickey found him in the bathroom with his fist down his throat and blood and puke in the toilet.

America sucks. Drugs rule. Parents worry. And they send you to another hell.
♠ ♠ ♠
It's vague--but Arthur's entire secrets are not ready to come out yet.