Status: completed--check out my "photo" section for a cover drawing!

If I Told You I Loved You, How Far Would You Run?

A Few More of Your Least Favorite Things

“You rented Casino Royale? Will you be my new best friend?” I ask, throwing my arms around Jon.

“Hey!” Ryan exclaims, throwing me a mock offended look. “I’m being replaced by that idiot?”

“Oh, poor Ry. I didn’t mean to hurt your feelings,” I say and unwrap my arms from around Jon, giving Ryan my best puppy dog eyes. “You could never be replaced by that idiot.” I spring back over to Ryan and give him a hug. “I’m sorry.”

Spencer rolls his eyes at our antics, taking the DVD from Jon and putting in the DVD player, as Ryan says, “I forgive you,” and drops a light kiss on the top of my head, causing me to blush.

And that is why I’m in love with my best friend, even though I know I shouldn’t be.

“Go get a room, you two,” Spencer smirks, and Ryan and I jump apart.

I sneak a glance at Ryan; his face is a flushed dark red, and he hurriedly goes to throw himself down on the couch.

“Where’s my popcorn?” Jon roars from the kitchen. “I demand my popcorn!”

I snatch the bowl from the dining table and catapult myself onto the couch. “Haha! It’s mine now!” I cry as I land next to Ryan.

“No! Not the popcorn!” Jon gasps in mock horror and bolts over to snatch the bowl from me. “Mine.”

“Can we watch the movie now?” Spencer asks from his spot in the armchair. “Please?”

Jon, content his popcorn, flings himself down on the carpeted floor and shoves a handful of popcorn in his mouth. “Mmmyeah, sounds goo’ to me,” he mumbles, mouth full.

Spencer sighs quietly and presses the play button and I hop up to turn off the lights and close the blinds while the opening credits roll. When I sit back down the couch, Ryan tucks his feet under himself and leans into me.

Best friends, I tell myself, keeping my eyes glued to the screen. Not boyfriends. Best friends.

Before I know it, the movie’s halfway done and Ryan and I are wrapped in each other’s arms as James Bond chases a villain through an airport. Ryan squeaks as a gasoline truck bursts into flames and buries his face in my neck.

“You really don’t like violence, do you?” I ask, feeling the places where Ryan’s pressed up against tingle. He shakes his head, his hair tickling my chin. “It’s okay, I’ll protect you from the big bad guys,” I laugh, running my hand across his back.

By the time the movie ends, Ryan’s practically sitting my lap, hiding his face whenever something violent happens. Jon’s asleep on the floor, draped over the empty popcorn bowl, and Spencer turns off the TV before glancing at Ryan and I with a slight smirk on his face.

Noticing Spencer, Ryan quickly jumps up and runs a shaking hand through his hair. “Well, that was, uh, fun,” he says.

“Yeah right,” Spencer scoffs. “Don’t think I didn’t see you hiding your face in Brendon.”

“Yeah, yeah, shut up,” Ryan mutters and carefully steps over Jon’s limp body.

“Come on, let’s leave the cleaning up to Jon,” I say and get to my feet, stretching. “Since, you know, he made most of it.”

Ryan grins at me. “Yeah, good plan,” he says, causing Spencer to shake his head at our childishness, but I notice that he just walks off to his room instead of cleaning up.

“Okay, that worked,” I say. “Let’s go.”

We end up curled up on my bed—Ryan’s doodling aimlessly in his notebook and I’m content just to watch him, but I quickly avert my eyes when he looks up at me: “Bren?”

“Mm?”

“Can I spend the night here?” he asks quietly.

“Of course you can,” I tell him. “Our couch is always open. Just make sure you check with your dad, mmkay?”

Setting his pen down, Ryan crawls over to me. “Actually, um, could I … share your bed?” he asks, unable to meet my eyes.

Okay, Brendon. He’s your best friend. No dirty thoughts. No dirty thoughts. Okay? Okay. “The movie scare you that bad?” I ask and give him a little hug. “Now go and check with your daddy.”

Ryan pulls away from me and flicks out his phone, heading into the living room to call his father, while I sit on my bed, trying not to freak out.

He wants to share my bed!

I’m in the middle of a happy dance around my room when Ryan walks back in. “He’s says it’s fi—uh, Brendon?”

I freeze. “Uh, yes?”

“What are you … never mind, I don’t really want to know.”

Blushing, I sit back down on my bed. “So, your dad said?” I prompt, jiggling my foot in anticipation.

“He said it’s fine,” Ryan says and sits down beside me. “And, uh, you’re sure that it’s okay for me to sleep with you?”

Am I sure? Oh hell yes. “Of course it’s fine,” I manage to say without blushing. “You’re my best friend. I could never say no to you.”

“Aww, thank you, Brenny,” Ryan says with a beam. “Tonight should be fun, right?”

Right ... But probably not the ways he’s thinking of. How am I going to survive the night?
♠ ♠ ♠
So, I know this one's pretty short and I definitely don't like it as much as the first one, so I decided to end it now in hopes that chapter three will turn out better. : /

Title--Build God, Then We'll Talk (Panic! at the Disco)