Georgia

fourteen

" This is bullshit, " Matt says calmly, his voice fractious.
" It's not bullshit, " she replies, her fingernails digging into her arm as she tries not to look at him. " I wish you would at least try and understand- "
" Try and understand! " he bellows, his face falling into a sneer.
" Matthew, " she tries, but he takes a step closer, silencing her.
" Don't Matthew me," he says coldly, his eyes hard.
" I don't know what you want me to say, Matt, " she says after a long moment. He crosses his arms, restlessly trying to figure out what to do with himself. His anger and frustration quickly evaporates into a thick feeling of panic.
" Why? " He asks, his arms falling back to his sides. " Why are you doing this? " She watches him for a moment, letting out a breath.
" Doing what, Matt? What I want? What will be good for me? "
" No, " he shakes his head. " Why are you ridding me of your future? " She looks away. " We've had plans for so long. "
" Our plans have changed, Matt, " she says, her hands wanting so badly to reach out to him. " Can't you see that? "
" Your plans have changed. I just want to... I just need to know why you don't want me in them anymore. " She sighs, holding onto herself, not sure how to respond.
♠ ♠ ♠
is there anybody out there?