Status: Completed!

Getting the Best of You

Read My Mind in London

My reddish-brown hair flowed through the wind as I was on the top of the red Double Decker bus.

Dan was next to me in his green hat---which rather reminds me of Bono's hat yet both looks pretty crappy to me---looking around the bus with a silly grin on his face. He was supposed to tour me around London and seeing the sights but going on the bus seems sweet.

We stopped at the Thames River and stared at the bluish, delighted glow the river was spreading the place like the plague.

The hot chocolate I drank in the morning starts to kick in and I was about to walk on London Bridge's ledge but Dan caught my waist before I went on. If anyone saw us, he or she would see me acting as if I should be an asylum as Dan is my caretaker that is clutching me. Very protectively.

Yep. What a sight that was.

After that weird incident and I had calmed down, we walked into a music store that had that modern-vintage vibe to it that anyone could just love to hate. The compact discs organized in different genres from Rock to the Oldies. On the walls, there were musical notes around the designs of different types of music. I stared around in awe as Dan was looking for a CD.

"Who's the band?" I asked beside him.

"The Clash," he responded as he was searching in the Rock 'C' section, "and maybe the Ramones CD I've been missing." As he continued to search, I saw the last Linkin Park's "Minutes To Midnight" CD in the 'L' section. I stared at it as I came up.

"I never thought they would have it. Ten pounds," I talked to myself and looked at the back of the CD.

"Hope I have enough." I looked into my black beaded bag. Hee-hee. Have enough.

The moment 'Minutes To Midnight' was in my grasp, it was in the hands of someone else.

I peered at the person through my slit eyes. His gray eyes slit as well but either than that, he was a pretty boy of course. You know, the typical gray eyes, sleek blond hair, plait shorts, a geeky sweater vest, a white collared button downed shirt, and shiny black loafers.

A pretty rich boy he is indeed.

"Let go." He looked at me up and down. "Peasant," he said snottily.

"Make me," I growled as I clung to the CD tighter. "You prosperous arrogant Charlie.

"No!" In addition, he did something very ungentlemanly. He yanked it out my hands and blew a raspberry at me while I huffed with Dan behind me, concerned.

"Brat," Dan hissed as he helped me up and went up to the cashier and paid for the CD.

***

We walked around the city some more and we saw Big Ben.

Dan carried me on his back and I carried him too while we went to the park. It was 4:30 pm and Dan was on my back, both of us laughing at the old couple staring at us eccentrically. They might of thought of us as the rum, or weird, couple or friends.

"They should just chill-ax, we're just playing around," I told Dan, who is off my back. Thank you!

"Well, we should respect them and their thoughts," Dan pointed out.

I pinched his cheek. "You're such a good boy, Daniel. You always know what to say, frankly and fine," I imitated my Grandma Jessie and slapped where I pinched his cheek.

"Yeah, yeah." He rubbed his cheek in annoyance. "Hey, let’s get some ice cream," he said when he pointed to an Ice Cream trolley.

Before I followed him, I looked up at the blue sky admiringly, Today is still young and so are we.

"O-r-e-o, ooh!" I shouted at Dan.

Both of us had gotten our ice cream in silence. To get us out of boredom, we twenty questioned each other on the park bench. I even sang 'Read My Mind' to annoy Dan.


"Its funny how you just break down
waitin' on some sign
I pull up to the front of your driveway
with magic soakin' my spine

can you read my mind?
can you read my mind?

The teenage queen
the loaded gun
the drop dead dream
the chosen one
a southern drawl
a world unseen
a city wall
and a trampoline"


However, that did not annoy Happy Dan; he just laughed and stared at me with amusement like the one he did when we had first met.

Boy, we did some other things around London until at 6:15 P.M.; and soon took a cab back home.

The last thing I asked Dan before we went our separate ways, "Is there a Crazy Day, around here?"

Dan grinned. "A Crazy Day?"

"Yeah," I said wide-eyed, "Look, if there is any, I would be wearing those 18-century clothes along with big sunglasses as I ride down the streets of London in a bicycle with a big knot bow on it similar to the one Brandon from The Killers rode on in 'Read My Mind'!"

Dan laughed and headed straight to his front door and the last thing I heard from him was:

"Janie's one of a kind."
♠ ♠ ♠
Charlie in English means "idiot", and "baka" in Japanese. And the lyrics were from The Killer's "Read My Mind".