Status: Completed!

Getting the Best of You

So Flirting Like a Charlie Does Give You Benefits

I woke up the next day tired from yesterday's events and remembered that tomorrow Dan has to go to on a plane trip to New York.

Great. Just fruit looping great. What am I supposed to do throughout a whole week of no Dan?

Well...before Dan, you would usually stuff yourself up as you watch re-runs of That 70's Show or go on the Internet and watch Naruto.

Yeah. However, that's before Dan. Oh well, I will survive.

I cautiously got up from my bed [a little woozy] and headed off to the bathroom.

***

Mum was pouring some coffee and I grabbed a bowl of Lucky Charms----cannot come without it. It was a quiet Sunday breakfast for two minutes until the coffee kicked into Mom's system.

"Hun, how was the tour with dun dun dun, Thee Dan Radcliffe?" Mom asked.

"There's a thee before his name? Gasp!" I joked.

"Jane...really. What did both of you do yesterday?" Mom asked seriously. Mom and I can be like the Gilmore Girls everyday, but when it comes to serious matters, she and I are your typical worrying Mom and idle yet caring teen.

"Mom, we just rode on a Double Decker, walked on the bridge, went to the music store, rode on each other's backs after we saw Big Ben, and went to the park eating ice cream and talk randomly." I ate the magical delicious cereal as I waited for my Mom's response.

Mom defeated, sighed, "I guess I was worried what you guys might have drink alcohol by the alley or something." She is a real caring woman I can tell you that. Maybe she needs love back into her life.

"The reason why I'm worried is that I read in magazines on how divorce can be hard on a child and can cause them drinking problems, take part in gangs, and other illegal things...” Mom rambled on.

Yeah, she does. I nibbled on my cereal some more.

"…or worse! You can be pregnant with Dan's offspring for all I know and you're not telling me!"

Mom was about to rant on some more until I stopped her. "Mum, take a chill pill. If I'm about to feel I should do any of those things, I would tell you."

Her face calmed down along with herself when I hugged her.

"I love you," I cooed.

"I love you, too sweetie." Mom patted my arm and left for her room.

I finished the remains of my cereal and put the bowl in the sink when I heard someone knocked the door.

Dan.

***

Dan came in and lounged with me on the couch happily watching Moulin Rouge. Me, being the sanest person I am, watched the movie upside down as if life would be like the Foo Fighter's DOA music video.

After we watched the movie, I went off from my position and skipped around the couch as I listened to Lady Marmalade. Dan even skipped crazily behind me until the song ended and I turned off the telly (being British here). Dan and I faced each other. Mentally, we known what should we do next but our eyes were transfixed on each other.

"You know, you have huge, blue flying squirrel eyes." I said dreamily.

"You have them too. Except that they are brown," Dan pointed out shyly.

What? Hold the phone! Call the navy! Did we just—I gulped now---flirt? Yikes!

To stop the madness, I quickly said to Dan, "Wait a moment, I have to go to the-the bathroom," and rushed upstairs like there is no tomorrow.

I locked the bathroom door and breathed deeply as I slid down to the tiled floor.

What the hell just happened?

You know what bloody happened! You are me!

So flirting like a Charlie does give you some exercising benefits.

Just shut the hell up!

Then I panted some more while thinking----hopefully correctly----through.
♠ ♠ ♠
If I hadn't explained before, "Charlie" means idiot.