Status: Completed!

Getting the Best of You

Why I'd Never, Nigel Planter!

After I locked myself in the bathroom, the door downstairs was ajar then closed shut. Knowing that was Dan leaving, I calmed down a little then came out.

Right now is Thursday, seeing how time went by so fast.

Fast enough to have Dan back...but more busy dealing with a TV movie My Boy Jack and also reading the seventh and final book of Harry Potter. Yes, he will be too busy to acknowledge me. Oh well, I have Seasons 1-5 of Gilmore Girls and a tub of Oreo Cookies 'n' Crème Ice Cream on my lap as I sat on the floor of the holding the remote.

Ten seconds counting to press DVD and to see my two favorite characters facing life as they put humor to make it less painful.

Eight.

Seven.
Putting my finger on DVD.

Six. Looking around to see any signs of no comfort.

Five. I feel the Mission Impossible theme song pumping through my veins.

Four. Boom. Boom. Boom-boom-boom. Boom!

Three. One last check around the living room.

Two. Staring at the screen; determined to press the button.

One!

"Janie! Look!" Mom shouted by her computer.

Thought I would never say this, but damn! I sauntered my way to my mom's organized office---after I put back the ice cream in the freezer--- to find her shocked about the web-video on the screen of her Dell. It was all my guy friends from Florida saying they have missed me.

The video responded, "Oh Janie! We all miss y-o-u in...Ft. Lauderdale!" Then from left to right, they spelled out something from the letter on each shirt they exposed "H-O-P-E Y-O-U..." and then said in unison, "Meet someone new! Sayonara!" As well as they did the Robot one by one as they left.

Mom, shocked as I am, turned around in her chair to me. "Do you always have guy friends everywhere you go?" She asked with her eyebrows raised in suspicion.

"Uh...” Think Janie!

I am thinking, jeez!

Before I gave Mom an answer, the phone rang. Saved by the bell.

***

I picked up the phone and heard the familiar British accent saying 'hello'. "Hello, Dan. Fancy hearing you", I responded in my declining British accent.

"Yeah, fancy hearing a girl's terrible accent which can crack an Englishman's neck," Dan chuckled. I gasped in shock, "Why I'd never, Nigel Planter!"

"What?" Dan asked in bewilderment. "Nigel Planter?"

"Yeah. I have to stop watching Cartoon Network. Nigel Planter is the Harry Potter from the channel along with his 'L' shaped scar." I explained.

"I'm no loser, 'why I'd never!'" Dan gasped, in a playful voice.

"Anyways, how was the Big Apple? Did MTV sweeten you up with the towel girl again?" I asked.

"No but---"

"You wished it happened?"

"No but I interviewed there and Fuse so far."

"So you met Steven? Fuse is my anti-drug channel, and Steven's awesome!" I shrieked. Big eyes and everything.

"I'm guessing you're eyes went triple the size," Dan researched from my scream.

"Well, not as big as yours, Tennis ball eyes!" I exclaimed in a singing voice.

"Bye, then," Dan said.

"Bye, Danny-fanny." I laughed.

The last I heard of him was a low, playful growl and the line went off. Mom suddenly shifted her figure towards me from behind the kitchen door.

"That's the weirdest conversation I've ever heard."

That is all she had told me before going back to her office next to the living room and I proceed to watch the Gilmore Girls as I took out my ice cream out of the freezer once again, and pressed DVD without any interruptions this time.

"If you're out on the road
Feeling lonely, and so cold
All you have to do is call my name
And I'll be there on the next train...”
♠ ♠ ♠
In the end,the lyrics are the Gilmore Girls theme song.