Status: Completed!

Getting the Best of You

It Can't Get Any Worse, Right?

The Saturday afternoon breeze kept me alive as I walked down to street near the beautifully, eccentric music store I went with Dan last time.

Dan. I remembered this morning that he had left for an interview once again because of the latest Harry Potter movie and what not blooming about. I sighed and looked up at the blue, mysterious sky mocking me as its Sun shined out to me happily. My mind of constant worry of my odd behavior, which had occupied my time until I bumped, knocked out someone in front of me. I came back to realism considering that I am now a mere a few feet from my destination and realized the victim was the rich bastard I met fought for the Linkin Park CD.

"Peasant," the blond bastard spat. He glared at me as if I was STDs. "Dim-witted weenie," I responded. I glared back into his gray emotionless eyes. For the past few seconds, I stopped glaring and went inside, letting the weenie sucking in too much air, and searched for any CD to comfort me besides the aroma the place was giving. I spun around near the Rock Section as if I was Julie Andrews from the Sound of Music. However, thank god no one saw me through the dim lighting of the store.

Once again, I had faced the rich bloke. Once again, I am irritated. "What do you want?" I said annoyed.

"You," he stated as he circled me like a vulture.

"What? Me? Why?" Okay that was crazy; I think some Advil and maybe some ice cream to clear this. The bloke still circling amused replied, "I-I think I like you."

What is this, South Park?

"Um, I think I should, you know, vamos!" I screeched as I ran out of the store towards home.

***

A mile run and a bus trip home later, I made it to my room in sweat and bewilderment of my day. Exhausted from all the exercise, I could not move a muscle---the soreness spreading after the mile---onto my plush-able bed.

It cannot get any worse. Right?

You should not have said that!

Why not?

That phrase is leading to bad things!

Ring!

I told you so! *sticks out imaginary tongue*

"H-honey, um, it’s your father," Mum sniffled as she handed me the phone. Uncertain about Mum's bizarre behavior, I answered the phone, "Dad?" Dad, as always on the beach since he works across from it, said along with the waves crashing in the distance, "Hey sport! How you doing?" "Dandy, just dandy," I replied without enthusiasm.

Dad, oblivious to my lack of spirit, answered, "Yeah well, Jane---" This is great, Dad is very serious whenever he says 'Jane'. "Yeah?" I gulped with fear dripping in my voice like venom. "I think you have all two days to say adieu to your," he paused for a second, "mother."

"Sayonara to Mom? Why?"

Could not this day---forget that I even started it. "Well...” I heard some shifting through the receiver. "I need you; technically everyone at home needs you for Lenora's (stepmother) pregnancy."

A bomb dropped, ten infants in Darfur died, Harry Potter in Florida has a migraine, abortion is taking place, and Dan is having another bloody interview somewhere that I do not know or give a rat's ass about as I dropped the phone in disbelief on what Dad just told me.

I grabbed the phone that was on the floor for a few seconds, in anger, "What about Mom! She needs me as much as I need her in this horror strict world!" A few drops of salty tears turned into the world's next Niagara Falls. The taste of sadness and pain went into my gapping mouth.

I came here because I need to see Mom, my only true friend and relative; divorcee on the document papers my dad insists upon because of his affair with Lenora a year before the terror struck on New Years Eve of 1998. She needs me to help ease her pain of all the lies Dad told her by eating Rocky Road, even though I hated it, just being around even though we do not talk much. Needing me, she realized that Dad cheated her! In addition, he expects me to be dandy as Dopey can get.

No offense to him but is he joshing me? I do not think so.

Remembering that I am having a 'conversation' with Dad, he was saying something that I would expect to say without me saying the same thing I thought. "Jane, understand this please." I heard the strain of my father's voice though he might be acting. All I can say to him is, "I'll get back to you" and clicked the phone red phone button.

I looked back at my surroundings of the Victorian house I am attaching to and I heard the noise of a crying dog. I sighed and fixed myself up to see where Mom went off. A few doors away from mine, I saw Mom crying in vain (so it was not a dog) on her mattress as she held her pillow ever so tightly that if it was alive, it would almost die. A pang went into my heart as I played around Mom to make her feel better.

"Spider pig, Spider pig, Does whatever a Spider pig does!" Only a chuckle from her made everything almost right. Just almost. Moreover, where is Dan when you need him? His tennis ball eyes can sure make anyone happy.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the late notice.