Status: Completed!

Getting the Best of You

Rupert, the Ice Cream Messenger

Last week seems to be just fuzz to me.

I managed to consult with both parents and we now have a peace treaty, which made us all happy. The best part was that I get to stay with Mom before school in Broward County starts. Right now (busy squealing in my mind), we are in the Borders bookstore on Oxford Street, near Mayfair, which is not pretty far from Fulham. It's July 20 at 8:35pm, which means that less than four hours I will be able to get my hands on the seventh book.

Woo-hoo! Meanwhile, we are having a Harry Potter spelling bee. Well, I am watching since I hate spelling in front of everyone. Mom also came with since she wants the book (she does not believe I will give her my copy) as well though thank the Internet for starting 'reserving on-line'. I am dressed up as Hermione Granger even though I am more of the Luna type. On Mom's behalf, she did not dare to dress up.

"The next word is, Priori Incantatem," a worker in a purple and stars wizard hat said.

Wow, what a word! The spelling went on for the remaining of the hour and then we were having a Costume Contest on who's the best Harry Potter or Luna Lovegood and et cetera.

In addition, a girl who dressed up as Luna came to me with her other three friends and asked me if I can sing with them on 'The Mysterious Ticking Noise', which was from the Potter Puppet Pals. I was Hermione since I dressed up as her, the Luna girl sang as Snape, her other friends (dressed up as Harry, Dumbledore, and Ron) sang as their characters.

We sang the song along with the end: Ron character: 'I found the source of the ticking; it's a pipe bomb!' Harry character and me: 'Yay!' We all: 'Ka-Boom!' (Then we all fell down) Suddenly someone sprang out of nowhere and sang Voldemort's part. If we had not got up from our last position, we would not pay attention to the crowd clapping at our act. When I say crowd, I as well mean Mom too.

That was embarrassing. Nevertheless, in a good way.

After all of the mayhem, I managed to talk to them and even play around for a while. I was having so much fun that I freaked out a little as someone grabbed my shoulders. I turned around and saw the redhead that Dan was talking about: Rupert Grint.

***

"You scared me," I whispered with anxiety.

Why does Rupert have to be here? Not that I do not want him here, but why?

"Sorry," he grinned shyly as a tint of red spread across his face. "That's okay, but why are you here?" "Um, I'm being like everyone else here: getting the seventh book," Rupert said like if it was the most obvious thing in the world.

It is the most obvious thing in the world.

What are you here for?

Point taken.

"Okay, but I have feeling that something else is arisen later tonight," I acted like Tia Dalma in Pirates of the Caribbean, "and later is... now. What's up, Rupe?"

It was only a minute until he spoke up again. "Fine. I was also wondering whom the mysterious girl Dan was blabbing about is. Moreover, I was near here, so I came here to get the book. Now am I guilt-free?"

I smiled. "Yup, and did you hear a witty song when you were near?"

"You mean that noise of people singing names of the Harry Potter character out of their lungs?" He smirked. "Yes, I have."

"Sweet!"

The line for the book was starting to form in front of us, and Rupert included, "Oh yeah, Dan wants me to tell you that he'll go out with you tomorrow." The crowd was getting loud and Mom managed to get behind us.

"You mean like a date?" I asked. Rupert only just shrugged behind me.

"Oh well," I said, "and I heard you have an Ice Cream van. Why?"

He just grinned at me and answered, "It was my childhood dream to be an ice cream man."

I laughed and turned around eagerly waiting for the book that will preoccupy my weekend. At that moment, someone poked me; it was Rupert and he whispered, "Thank God I haven't been mobbed."

I shrugged, "Expect the Unexpected."
♠ ♠ ♠
Here's another because of your patience.