Sequel: My Life For Hire
Status: Completed. Sequel up.

Remenissions

11.

We walked back to the house hand in hand. I didn't feel like a 25 year old single mother anymore - I felt like the 18 year old who used to be attached to the man next to me.
Val cheered when she saw us, causing us both to break out in huge grins.
"Looks like the lovebirds are back together!" she yelled.
"Looks like we are," Zack mumbled happily, shooting me his crooked smile that I loved so.
I leaned up and kissed his cheek. Everybody awwed.
"MOMMY!" Addie squealed, running up to me and hugging me.
"Hi, baby."
"Can I call him Daddy now?" she asked. I nodded, ruffling her hair.
"I say we go make up for the past seven years," Zack whispered in my ear. I felt my face heat up.
"I say you stop being such a boy and start being a man, Zachary James," I whispered back, running my hands over the exposed tattoo on his chest. God, I loved it when he wore slightly <i>unbuttoned</i> plaid shirts. I heard him moan lightly, causing me to smirk.
"Don't be such a damn tease if you aren't gonna follow through," he said huskily.
Jimmy was in the room with us, I felt everything get brighter. I knew it sounded stupid, but it was if his presence just lit up the room.
"OH MY GOD. This is too PG-13 for a six year old!" I backed away from Zacky and approached Jimmy.
"Addie's seen more. I used to live in an apartment building in a bad part of town."
"You're just jealous that you can't get some," Zacky snorted, his calloused hands on my hips pulling me back to him.
Jimmy pouted. "The Reverend Tholomew Plague will not be talked down upon!" he declared, causing Addie to laugh. I smiled at her.
"Fine. The Reverend Tholomew Plague needs to find somebody else to bother. We're going to the park," I said. Addie's face lit up, Zacky's face showed confusion. I chuckled at both of them, pulling their hands along with me out the door and down the street. I could only hope I remembered where I was going.
I followed familiar streets until we were at Central Park. Zacky smiled at me.
"No ideas, mister. We do have a six year old to worry about," I told him. He sighed but proceeded to slap my ass anyway. I turned around and hit his arm quite roughly.
"Mommy! Stop beating up Daddy!" Addie yelled from a bench by the pond. Both Zacky and I laughed.
This was the family I'd imagined as a little girl. I was finally getting everything I wanted.
♠ ♠ ♠
Laptop is ALIVE. :D There should now be less than a month between updates. /:
Sorry it's short, I think the chapters start getting longer after this.
I'd also like to thank everybody who's been reading this. I love you guys so much. If you're looking for a Brian story, I've got one up that I'll be updating soon - Life So Reckless.
Also, I've posted the summary for the sequel of Remenissions. It's called My Life For Hire, and you can go subscribe here. Do NOT subscribe, however, if you happen to like Kari. Because, well, I'm just going to shut up now.