Sequel: My Life For Hire
Status: Completed. Sequel up.

Remenissions

12.

Three months had passed since Zacky and I, in a way, made up. Things couldn't be better.
"Kari, can I ask you something?" Zacky asked. I was leaning against his chest, he was leaning against Matt's porch wall.
"Mhm?"
He sighed and began playing with my curly hair. I didn't straighten it today, simply because the humidity was through the roof.
"Will you move in with me?"
Okay, I'll admit, we'd gotten pretty serious over these past three months. We were attached to each other, and when we weren't together, we were calling or texting incessantly. But, I didn't think we were ready for this yet.
"Uh, Zack, I-"
"I should have known it was too soon," he mumbled, maneuvering himself so he could get up without disturbing me greatly.
"No, no, I'd love to. But, why this, and now?"
He shrugged and made himself comfortable under my weight again. "Kari, you don't seem to understand how in love with you I was when we were eighteen. They say young love is just dumb love, but I really see you and only you in my life. I, uh, actually was gonna propose to you on your birthday."
I turned myself around so I was straddling him, and kissed him passionately on the lips. "Zack, I would have said yes. I'm the fuck up here who had to go and have a kid..." I said, allowing a tear to fall.
He picked my chin up, forcing me to look into his eyes. "There is no reason why you fucked up by giving birth to the light of my life. And, besides, you don't even remember when she was conceived, do you?"
I shook my head. I must have really been drunk that night.
He smiled. This was obviously a good memory for him. "We were celebrating getting the gig at Chain Reaction. You, Val, and the guys had a drinking contest. I figured I'd just watch, because, if I joined in, there wasn't a snowball's chance in hell we were gonna get home. Well, it was down to you and Brian, and you just passed out. I took you home and carried you up to bed. Somewhere between the front door and the bed, you woke up. You asked me if I'd lay with you, and I happily obliged. You started kissing me, one thing led to another, and, well, you know the rest. I didn't have any condoms, and when I asked you if you happened to have any laying around your room, you know, just in case, you shook your head and told me you were on birth control. I didn't think you were, and, well, we have living proof that you weren't."
"You must have been neglecting me if I was willing to risk a pregnancy just to get some. Honestly..." I mumbled.
"Actually, we were pretty active that month. You just get really horny when you're drunk," he said with a chuckle. I laughed, too.
"Only for you, baby."
♠ ♠ ♠
Ugh, I hate this chapter. It sounds so cheesy and it definitely is far from my best work, but you guys needed an update. I'm so fucking sorry it took this long. I have tons of excuses, but you don't want to hear those. Go check out my other stories, they'll get updated here directly, as well. This story ends around chapter 24, but the sequel has 68 chapters as of right now. I'm gonna try to update quickly to end this one, I'm just too damn excited for My Life for Hire. Did I mention to you that you should go subscribe? Well, if I didn't, then go do it.