Sequel: My Life For Hire
Status: Completed. Sequel up.

Remenissions

5.

Zacky's POV
"Is he my daddy?"
I sighed and ran my hands through my hair. It would be interesting to hear what Kari replied to this.
After a long silence, she finally spoke. "Yes, baby, he is. But you can't tell him that, okay? I don't want him to know. He wouldn't take it too well..." she trailed off.
I clenched my fists in anger. I wouldn't take it too well? Damn straight I'd be a little upset about not knowing I had a daughter. Wait a second...
Adele had to be about six, maybe seven. Kari left seven years ago.
She left because she did want anyone to know about the kid.
That fucking bitch.
I punched the wall and stormed downstairs.
"Hey, Zack, what's wrong?" Johnny asked.
"Go away, Johnny," I mumbled, pushing past him and into the kitchen for another bottle of Jack.
As long as Kari stayed here, keeping Adele a secret from me, I would be in my own personal hell.

Kari's POV
"Is he my daddy?"
Fuck.
I sat there in the room, thinking about how to tell her this. She was a smart girl, she wouldn't freak out.
"Yes, baby, he is. But you can't tell him that, okay? I don't want him to know. He wouldn't take it too well..." I trailed off. Addie nodded.
Something crashed into the wall outside. I pulled Adele into a tight embrace instinctively, but let her go once I figured there was no danger. We slowly advanced downstairs. For some reason, everybody was staring at us.
"What?" I asked.
Val grabbed my arm and pulled me aside.
"Zacky heard everything you said. He just grabbed a bottle of Jack and left."
My whole body shook. "W-what?"
"I don't know where he went, but you better go find him. He's fucking pissed."
I nodded and walked out the back door. A figure sat at water's edge, drinking a bottle of something. I could only assume that was him.
"Hey," I mumbled as I sat next to him. He just stared into the ocean, sipping on the whiskey. How he stood so much of that stuff, I'll never know.
"Val told me you heard everything I said."
Still, nothing.
"I'm guessing you're pissed, but you have to understand where I'm coming from. We were eighteen, Zack. You had the band. What would a kid be? A bother. Some piece of flesh that nobody wanted around. I had to leave. It wasn't an option at the time. Now, I realize how stupid I was to do it. You would have been there the whole time. And even if you weren't, the other girls would. I, I'm sorry, Zack. So sorry."
"You better be, fucking bitch," he mumbled. "You put me through hell, Kari. I wasn't myself for a long time after you left. Fuck, I'm still not myself. I thought that maybe, just maybe, having you around, I'd be okay again. Thanks for not fucking doing that." He stood up and threw his now empty bottle at me, smashing against my skin and leaving burning cuts.
Great. The love of my life, the father of my child, hated me.
Everything comes with a cost.
♠ ♠ ♠
Zackylicious, you got me! (:
I really have 25 subscribers??!! Wow. I, I am very happy. VERY happy.
Since this story is going to so well, would anybody like to make me a banner? With a picture of Zacky, (preferably City of Evil era, since that's when the story takes place) and a girl who just look very punkish, I guess. Brown hair, though, blue eyes, any tattoos or piercings are great. The girl doesn't exactly have to fit the description. I'll pick the best one and use it. And then somebody can explain to me how to put it on here. -.-

Thoughts, comments, questions?