Status: Check out my new story: Two Worlds Collide|| Stats for SCRM: Readers: 608; Subscribers: 116; Comments: 103

She Can't Read Minds

in the end, you'll need me

“Hey, Rand-Rand!” Will shouted as I passed by the den where he sat playing the new video game be bought last night. He demanded we spend time together so he took me to the mall. I got to go nowhere I wanted and he got to spend three hours in Game Spot. Long story short, I had no fun at all. At least he’s playing the game so all the time spent there didn’t go to waste. I sat down on the couch whereas my brother sat on the rug in the middle of the room. “You haven’t talked to Cal lately, have you?”

“No, Markus suggested I give Cal some space and I agreed.” I shrugged, watching Will’s little man jump onto a large metal-looking thingy. Then his small figure shot somebody, shot somebody else and jumped off the metal thingy all while looking pissed off. My brother chuckled. “What’s so funny?”

“You did what he suggested?” Will paused the game, spinning on his butt to face me with an entertained expression on his face. I just shrugged. “Did you ever think to question why he said those things to you?” I froze. No, I hadn’t. “Hmm? Did you?” Avoiding eye contact, I shrugged again. “You didn’t. I find that interesting. Hmm, very interesting.” I raised an eyebrow at him curiously. Will mimicked me but with a grin on his face.

“Why is it interesting? I trusted a friend, big deal.”

“But you don’t trust people often,” Will said, crossing his arms against his chest, “hence making it said big deal.” I rolled my eyes at him. He crawled up to me and sat down on the couch, nudging me with his elbow until I snapped at him. “If I would have said not to bother him, would you have agreed with me?”

“I-I don’t know.”

“You wouldn’t so why did you trust Markus?”

“I never said I wouldn’t have trusted you or that I don’t trust you. I trust you, bro, I really do and sometimes maybe I shouldn’t. I don’t know.” I told him with a shrug. Will nudged me with his elbow yet again so I shoved him off the couch. With a thud, he hit the floor and groaned. “Aw, did the poor baby hurt his butt?” Will glared at me.

“I would be nicer to me Miranda. I’m the only one stopping Markus from mov-” Will’s eyes widened when he realized what he was saying and slapped a hand to his mouth. I raised an eyebrow at him, standing up and reaching my hands down to him. “Never mind. The point is: I’m your older brother and in the end, you’ll need me. So don’t get me so mad that I never wanna see your face ever again and don’t think you can’t trust me, if anything, you can trust me too much. I’m always on your side; I don’t plan on leaving it. I’m not saying we can’t fight every once in a while or hurt each other sometimes, what I’m saying is we can’t fight and be mean to each other every second of every day. We need each other.”

“We don’t fight that much.” I protested, helping my larger older brother up onto his feet again. He grunted as we struggled-as a team-to get him to stand again. When we finally did, my brother gave me a breath-taking and bone-crushing hug. “Willis!”

He chuckled, “You missed my point, Andi, my point was you should trust me. Everything I do that has to do with you is because you’re my baby sister and I love you. There’s a reason behind everything I say and do to you even if it happens when I’m drunk.”

“Drunk? What?” I gasped, a hand over my mouth when he finally released me from his nightmare hug. Will raised an eyebrow as he chuckled. “Remember when you were so drunk you-”

“Don’t bring it up!”

“But how’d you-?” I laughed.

“Don’t. Bring. It. Up.”

“And the-”

“Miranda, I don’t know how that monkey got into the bikini; let alone into our shower!” Will growled at me. He was never scary, even when he really tried to be and after that little speech about trusting him, he can’t seem scary now. I laughed, giving him a quick hug before Mom shouted that Markus was here for me. I was gonna spend time with him. The first real time that it was just me and him; ever. That kind of scares me.
♠ ♠ ♠
my favorite line:: "...again and don’t think you can’t trust me, if anything, you can trust me too much."--Will :)

so i'm not sure which direction, i'm taking the next chapter...
IMPORTANT
do you want a cute chapter between Markus and Miranda? or Miranda to ask Markus about his date with Nellie? a little bit of both? I really want your opinion!!!