Status: Check out my new story: Two Worlds Collide|| Stats for SCRM: Readers: 608; Subscribers: 116; Comments: 103

She Can't Read Minds

seems musical

Markus

“Where have you been?” Leslie whispered when I slipped into my seat beside her. She looked nice for Griffin but crazy from my point of view. I gave her a glare before shrugging off my coat. Leslie rolled her eyes at me and turned back to the movie meanwhile Nellie snatched my arm into a death grip. She smiled up at me. I shifted in my seat uncomfortably, trying to find Miranda in the second row. “Markus, stop squirming. It’s distracting.” Leslie snapped.

“What are you looking for?” Nellie whispered on my other side, shifting around to find what I wanted to see. I watched her a moment before she stopped and looked back at me.

“Nothing,” I told her with a smile, grabbing her hand, “I thought I saw someone I knew.” Nellie mouthed “oh” and leaned her head on my shoulder. This movie was horrible and cliché, but the girls cried and laughed along with it. Griffin sat there silently like a statue. I would have sent Miranda a text to move around so I could find her, but then Leslie or Nellie would see and go crazy.

“Aw,” Nellie cooed, “that’s so cute.” Her blue eyes glued to the theater screen until she noticed my staring and focused them onto me instead. She smiled. “I wish that’d happen to me.” I pursed my lips and nodded, turning back to the boring film. Leslie giggled to my other side, looking a cross me to Nellie who mimicked her. “Isn’t this adorable?”

“Well, duh. New favorite movie.” Leslie grinned. “Hey, DVD?” She pointed toward the large screen. Nellie giggled, nodding her head as they both leaned back into their seats. I hope they weren’t planning on making me buy the DVD. There’s no way in hell.

“I have to use the bathroom.” I whispered to Nellie who scrunched up her face in disgust and quickly released my hand. She brought her legs to her chest so I could walk passed her. “Thanks.” Sarcasm was used but she must not have caught on. I jogged down the steps of the arena-like seats, lingering for a moment on the second row. An elderly woman smiled at me, gesturing if I wanted to go by so I mouthed “no thank you” to her. Her husband smiled to me as well.

After sitting in the lobby for a good five minutes, I messed around with my coat and slid back into the dark theater. The couple on the scene sang a duet and twirled around while everyone sitting in the audience was supposed to gush at them. The elderly couple from before saw me again and smiled. This time I gestured if I could passed them. They stood up as I walked down the little aisle. Quickly a bundle of fabric and hair sitting in a seat came into my view. Miranda.

“Miranda.” I whispered, sliding into the seat beside her. She stirred as a smile appeared onto her face. She was beyond cute. “Miranda, wake up.” She turned to face me, resting her head onto my shoulder unconsciously. The smile widened and…she smelled me. I chuckled. “Wakey, wakey, Andi. Your dad made eggs.” I’ve never met anyone else that had an obsession with eggs other than her.

Her eyes snapped open, “Eggs?”

“No silly goose, popcorn.” I smiled, pointing to the empty seat beside her which held the popcorn I forced her to buy. My love for popcorn met hers for eggs. She stuck her tongue out at me but gave me the container of popcorn anyways. Miranda groaned when her eyes focused onto the movie screen. “Yeah, it’s almost half way over.” I leaned back into the seat as she came closer to me. “Now the guy has to see her with another dude and get all upset. Divas.” Miranda chuckled. “The girl has to then get upset that he’s upset by something so innocent. They fight and the girl goes to speak with her mother or father, whichever one isn’t dead. No, wait, the girl has to vent with a relative.”

“Good point,” Miranda spoke, “maybe both her parents died in a tragic car accident.” I wiped at a fake tear as she watched me, grinning. The elderly couple glanced at us, chuckling at something one of them said. They didn’t tell us to shush so we continued.

“This is 2011. Anything can happen.” I told her with a shrug.

Miranda rolled her eyes at me, continuing, “After talking to her relative, the girl gets all emotional. She drives home crying and then stares at a photo of her and what’s-his-face. Cue flashbacks and this seems to have lots of singing in it, so she’ll probably sing a sad song or two.”

“You’re right, Andi, meanwhile the guy will have had his own conversation with his best friend who he-for some unknown reason-lives with. Or the best friend just visit’s a lot. Both main characters will have come to realize they are the dumbest people on the face of the Earth and race to each other. They get caught up in traffic. Don’t you worry though, Miranda; they see each other’s cars and run to each other. It ends in one of those sappy hugs where the girl jumps into the guys arms. They share a kiss and the people in the cars cheer. The next scene is suddenly the two singing another duet. All is right with the world once again.” I smiled down at her as she looked back up at me. “Gosh, we’re so creative.”

“I know, all that right from the top of our heads too.”

“You two are positively adorable.” The elderly woman cooed at us. I felt Miranda cover her face with her hands while I beamed, thanking the woman. “I’m Emma. You two remind me of my husband and me when we were your age.” Her husband leaned forward and examined us.

“Yep, dear, I was a good looking kid.” The man laughed as his wife rolled her eyes and swatted at him. Miranda chuckled beside me, removing her hands from her face to just have her nose buried into the fabric of my coat. “Hi, I’m Jerry.”

“I’m Markus and this is Miranda.”

“Would you two like to join us for dinner?” Normally I would have said no because we didn’t know them, but there was something about these two that made me nod my head.
♠ ♠ ♠
so i got like an hour of sleep last night ): but my mom let me stay home:) hence the chapter right now and later on.

thank you for commenting. i was considering(i had no idea what to write) what you guys wrote to put into this chapter but somehow i got this instead. i'm happy with it. how bout you guys?