Status: Check out my new story: Two Worlds Collide|| Stats for SCRM: Readers: 608; Subscribers: 116; Comments: 103

She Can't Read Minds

i'm sorry i haven't been around

Cal grabbed all the blankets and pillows from my bed and shifted them onto the floor of my room while I explained to my mom and his dad we needed an extra day to clear our thoughts. They hesitantly agreed to it; I knew my mom would but Cal’s dad agreeing shocked me. I brought the popcorn bowl into my room while Cal put in a DVD. “I’m sorry I haven’t been around.”

“I’m sorry I didn’t check up on you.”

“I’m sorry you smell like tuna.”

“I’m sorry your butt’s so big.” I said, slowly lifting my gaze to a very sad looking Cal. He wiped at his fake tears. I laughed, flicking a kernel of popcorn at his face. “Not my fault they mistook your butt for Pluto.” He narrowed his eyes at me, launching himself at the popcorn bowl. I screamed, handing it to him without a fight.

“I missed you, Miranda.” Cal chuckled, giving me a simple one-armed hug. I laughed, hugging him back. How could I not noticed how much I missed my best friend? Sure it’s only been a couple of days, but he’s my best friend. I missed him. He released me and sighed, “I didn’t mean to be so mad that day. My dad…”

“What?”

“He got mad at Belle who got mad back. Dad left and she started throwing things. At me. I don’t know why at me, but it was. I got cut up and bruised by the stuff so I got mad because they were mad.” He told me, biting on his bottom lip. “I’m sorry for being cranky at you. You’re my best friend. I’m okay now so let’s watch the movie!”

I laughed as we watched the movie silently together until half way through and Cal decided he had to use the bathroom. When he sat back down Cal told me, “Remember when I said you smelled like tuna?” I nodded to him, raising an eyebrow cautiously. “You really do; I wasn‘t kidding.” As I was about to protest his words, Cal pulled out a spray bottle and squirted something onto me that smelled different. I knew it was some sort of perfume but I didn’t recognize the scent. Cal laughed, “I bought this for you and hey, you smell nice now.”

“Hey, you’re mean.” He laughed, sitting down beside me. “But thank you.” Cal shrugged his shoulders like it was all in a day’s work.

“You are very welcome.” Cal nudged me with his elbow so I nudged him back. He shook his head, letting me know I clearly didn’t understand what he was getting at. “So, what happened with Markus? Or Leslie? Or Nellie? Or, oh shit, not The Griff!” He gasped, covering his mouth with his hand. I laughed, remembering when Will called him that.

“I don’t know, maybe…all of them?”

“Oh, damn, what’d I miss?” He leaned his head against my bed, focusing only on me. It felt strange yet nice. “Seriously, you’re out of it for like five seconds and suddenly, BAM, World War III is happening right before your eyes. What has this world come to?” I rolled my eyes at him as he laughed at his own words.

“Leslie told me Nellie and Markus are dating.” Cal raised an eyebrow, crossing his arms against his chest and watched me. “Do you have something you wanna add?” He shook his head, but I knew he did have something he wanted to say. “Anyways, part of me feels bad because I’ve kind of been spending a lot of time with him which means she hasn’t and they’re dating I guess. The other part has no opinion; it’s off in Mexico partying it up. I don’t know if he’s been lying to me or if…okay, I don’t know what to think. Cal, I’m confused.” He stared at me, just listening and not ready to give his word. “Help?”

“I’m here for you.”

“Then help me.”

“Have you tried talking to him? Maybe Leslie and Nellie are lying to you.” Cal shrugged and I mimicked him. My brain had shut down for the day. I didn’t want to deal with this right now, or ever. Never is more like it. Never sounds amazing. “He isn’t worth your sadness, Rand-Rand.” I leaned my head onto his shoulder with a sigh. “What do you think you’re gonna do?”

“Well I could leave him be; it’d save me this hassle and also save my friendship with Leslie. If I did that then maybe I could even become friends with Nellie.”

“But you don’t want to do that, I can tell.” Cal told me. “Maybe you just need to find a different guy; you know, get your mind off of Markus for a while.” I nodded, leaning my forehead against his chin so I could feel his breath on my hair. He sighed again, making me shiver. “I’m sorry Miranda.” He ran his fingers through my brown hair without another word. It was nice; just sitting there like this even if it was partly uncomfortable. “You.”

I chuckled, “Me what?”

“I don’t know.”
♠ ♠ ♠
not sure if you'll catch on, but if you do, yepps i'm going there. if you think you may have an idea, guess away. next chapter(which i may update soon cause i have the time) you'll get your answer :)

thanks for the comments. i get sooo happy when i see the little thingie telling me i have comments.