Status: Check out my new story: Two Worlds Collide|| Stats for SCRM: Readers: 608; Subscribers: 116; Comments: 103

She Can't Read Minds

so awkward

“I wish there was a hobo in my bathtub.” I heard my brother comment right after the girl on the television shouted. I paused outside the door; wow, no videogames this time, only iCarly. Markus chuckled, causing something to gently tap against the glass surface of the table sitting before them. “Don’t you? I mean, come on, that’s so cool. You could go all, “I have a hobo. He lives in my bathtub. Do not mess with me and my hobo.””

“No, I’ve never wanted to keep a hobo in my bathtub.” Markus told him, laughing.

“I agree.” Cal spoke up.

“Well, what the hell?” Will grumbled. I stood in the doorway watching them: Will sitting on the farthest end from me with his face scrunched up in wonder and his arms crossed, Cal in the middle scratching his head and staring at the television screen, and Markus closest to me sitting pretty much like Cal was. None of them noticed me. “What if it was girl hobo would you then-?”

“No.” The two others answered together, shaking their heads.

Turning to them, Will said, “You’re not-hey Miranda!” Cal glanced at me, smiling. Markus froze, giving the exact opposite reaction that Cal was. “What’d you need, little girl?” Now I can’t run away; now I had to talk. I slowly walked over to the couch, stopping beside the armrest Markus had his elbow on. He stiffed even more.

“Markus…” I started slowly; he lifted up his head and looked at me, surprised.

“You need to talk to Markus?” Cal asked, looking disgusted and slightly angry. I pursed my lips together and nodded curtly. Will looked cautious while Cal rolled his eyes, focusing back onto the television screen. “Whatever.” Markus looked at Cal with wide eyes, standing up slowly and following me out into the hallway.

Damn.

Damn.

“What’s up?” He asked, sitting down in the hallway with his back pressed against the wall. No one was home but the guys in the den and the girls in my room. Great. I sat down beside him. “Why was Cal acting so weird?” I shrugged. I don’t wanna talk now. “Oh.”

“How’s Nellie?” Awkward question, perfect.

“I don’t know? I haven’t seen her in a couple days.” He answered, confused. I stared down at my hands in my lap. “My mom thinks they left for some family issue back home. I don’t really care though; why do you ask?”

“Just wondering.”

“Okay, yeah, they aren’t home.” He basically repeated. “I’m sort of glad about that too. She’s really annoying lately. Even Leslie doesn’t want her around anymore and they were nearly best friends.” I nodded to make it look like I cared. I got my answer, sort of.

“About Leslie…” I said, glancing at him before feeling my face turn red and look back at my hands. Such pretty hands, not. “She said you and Nellie were…” God, I make things to awkward.

“We aren’t.”

“Oh.”

“Any other questions?” Markus asked, looking at me. I looked back at him and shook my head, telling him I didn’t have anymore. “Then I guess I’ll just go back to the den…?” He questioned, standing up and offering to help me up.

Shaking my head, I told him, “Have fun.” Markus nodded, giving me a small smile before entering the den. I stayed on the floor, staring at my fingers until Leslie and the other two came and met me. So awkward.
♠ ♠ ♠
AWKWARD.

but concerning my newest story, Upper Region, i won't post a chapter until this story or my other one is done. I don't like having more than two stories at a time. :) thanks for subscribing if you have.