Status: Check out my new story: Two Worlds Collide|| Stats for SCRM: Readers: 608; Subscribers: 116; Comments: 103

She Can't Read Minds

about miranda...

Leslie

“Brother, we need to talk.” I said the next day after school. Markus was in his room with his apparently new friend, Cal. For the past two days, they’ve become closer friends. I’m not sure why but they have. They both looked up from their textbooks and gave me bizarre looks. Like I was speaking another language. “Cal, get outta here.”

“Leslie-Cal!” Markus shouted to the leaving boy, “you can stay. Leslie, what do you need? We have one night to finish this project. It’s important.” Cal nodded when I turned to him. He sat back down and replaced his book into his lap. I rolled my eyes and closed the bedroom door behind me. They watched me like I was going to torture them. “Why are you-?”

“Shut up.”

“But-”

“I’m sure it’s not important.” I told him, sitting on his bed while they sat on the floor. It probably wasn’t the best idea to talk about Miranda around Cal, but I did anyways. Markus closed his textbook with the notebook to mark his page before watching me. “About Miranda…”

He stiffened, “Funny, she said those same words about you yesterday.” I raised my eyebrow; thinking of something to say but knowing I shouldn’t. Cal had closed his book too and focused onto the conversation as well. I glared at him; why does he bother me so much? “What about her?”

“Ignoring that comment…she’s giving up.”

“Drugs?” Markus questioned.

“Alcohol?” Cal added.

Markus turned to Cal and smiled, “I didn’t think she was that kind of girl.” The two shared smiles and chuckles while I stared at them. When they stopped being annoying, Markus looked back at me. “I don’t understand what you’re trying to tell me. What’s she giving up?”

“You.”

Now he understood me.

“Why? Wait--that would mean she would have to…” I nodded at him like he was a little idiot child. Cal shifted uncomfortably, looking everywhere around the room. After what happened between him and Miranda, now this conversation, I’d do the same. “Why’s she doing that?”

“Because she’s confused.” Cal answered, biting his lip gently before looking at both of us. I glared at him, making him gave me a strange look. Markus was confused now too. “We never talked about what happened that day.”

“I don’t want you to.” Markus snapped.

“Dude, we’re gonna be step-siblings soon. It doesn’t matter what happened because nothing will happen in the future.” Cal urged back. “Plus from what Leslie’s said today, Miranda likes you. Not me.”

“I don’t care.” Markus grumbled.

“Both of you shut up,” I shouted, rubbing my temples, “you’re both so fucking annoying right now. I already got into a little argument with Miranda yesterday so I don’t need another one with you guys today. Just…Markus, you have to change her mind.” Cal nodded in agreement.

“I can’t.”

“And why not?” Cal asked. Suddenly he seemed less bad.

“I don’t know how to.”

“Well, you don’t have to do much. She already likes you so whatever you were doing before would be fine.” I told my brother who looked nervously at his hands. He really liked her. Markus sighed, looking out the window. “Go over to her.”

“No.” Markus protested.

“Why not?” Cal groaned.

“I don’t have a reason to. If her mom asks why I came over, she probably won’t like me not having a real answer.”

“Why are you coming up with excuses?” I snapped at him, standing up and tugging him up with me. He was gonna go over there whether he wanted to or not. “Just go over and talk to her. Straighten everything out, answer all her questions and ask some of your own-”

“And don’t make it too awkward like you did in the hall.” Cal added. Markus flinched at the memory and didn’t stand up. He made no movement toward the door. “If you don’t get her now, when she just decided to get over you, then you may lose your chance. Then you’ll be forced into Nellie’s arms and to watch Miranda be all goo-goo with some other dude. Maybe one with herpes, ever think of that, huh? Then if they…” I reached over and smacked Cal who whined at me, a hand over his arm. “What was that for?”

“You’re getting too detailed!”

“And that entailed a smack?”

“Yes.”

“I was just being-”

“Yeah, but you were getting too detailed about it.” I interrupted him, suddenly seeing the boy in a different way. He wasn’t so bad after all. “Now Markus is scarred for life and-”

“He’s a big boy; he’s fine.” Cal smiled, patting my brother’s shoulder. Markus flinched, looking extremely nervous just at the thought of telling Miranda how he felt. “Fine, how bout you talk to her about it at school tomorrow? That way you have time to calm your nerves and grow some balls.” I rolled my eyes at his comment.

“You both can then.” I smiled.

Cal gasped, “Mean!”

Definitely not so bad after all.
♠ ♠ ♠
Leslie and Cal? hmmm

and Markus is gonna talk to her...or will he be too nervous?

Not sure if i'll update again this weekend. Maybe i will. Maybe.