Status: Check out my new story: Two Worlds Collide|| Stats for SCRM: Readers: 608; Subscribers: 116; Comments: 103

She Can't Read Minds

blushing and nervousness

“So, Miranda, how are you?” Jenna asked, sitting down a cross from me at the lunch table. She dumped her lunch tray down onto the table before her. Most likely, she won’t eat it. I mean, I’ve been in the school’s giant freezing-like thing and some of the food looks disgusting. Sauce should not be giant clay-looking lumps on a tray.

“I’m fine,” I told her, moving my straw up and down so it made the screeching noise, “how bout you? Not mad at me anymore I hope?” Jenna glanced at her food, tugging up on the bun only to have some glue-like substance keep it down. See? Ew.

“That’s nasty.” Bridget commented, putting down her brown paper bag before sitting beside Jenna. They smiled to each other. “I’m sorry about what happened, Andi, I didn’t mean any of what I said and if you want to continue to-”

“It’s fine,” I cut her off with a brush of my hand, “I give up.”

“What?” Jenna gaped with her straw hanging in her mouth strangely.

“I’m giving up. It’s not worth anymore of my time.” I shrugged.

“No Miranda,” Bridget whined, “you can’t do that. You just can’t.” I took a drink of my water, watching Jenna and Bridget give me puppy dog eyes.

“Why can’t I?” I groaned, putting my hands in my lap. Leslie sat down beside me, glancing around at everyone trying to find that certain person. She looked like she was blushing. “What’s up with your face, Lez?”

Leslie’s hands shot to her cheeks, “What‘d-Are they all red?”

“Kind of.” Bridget told her.

“More pink actually.” Jenna commented. Sometimes I got creeped out when they acted in a manner like that. Finishing each other’s sentences or giving off an aura that just set you off. “And who are you staring at?”

“No one.” Leslie snapped all too quickly.

“Lez, come with me.” I told her, grabbing her hand and tugging her out into the lobby-like area outside the cafeteria doors. She protested against me until I forced her to sit on a bench and sat down next to her. “Who is it? Tell me.”

“I can’t.”

“Why not? Hello, best friend. Right here.” I said, pointing toward my face.

Leslie laughed, swatting at my hands. “Put your hands down.”

“Then tell me who it is.” I begged.

“Fine,” Leslie caved, making me wanna do a victory dance, “it’s Cal.” I couldn’t help but laugh and maybe that’s why she didn’t tell me. Cause she knew I’d laugh. Leslie bit her lip, giving me sad eyes until I stopped laughing. “See, that’s why I didn’t want you to know.”

“I wasn’t laughing because of who it was.”

“There’s really no other reason to laugh when I tell you something like that.” Leslie told me, rubbing her arm. Our school was always abnormally freezing.

“Oh but there is,” I smiled, “I was laughing because-”

“Leslie, can I, uh, talk to Miranda?” A voice came from behind me. Leslie bit her lip, looking at me with widened eyes. She was smiling, or trying to fight it. I didn’t know who it was-or I did but was in denial-so I didn’t protect as Leslie stood up and headed back to the lunch room. “Um, hi.” Markus whispered, clearly beyond nervous. It was cute.

“Hi.” I had to smile at him.

“I…I, damn, I don’t know how to start.” He frowned, looking at me with nervous yet slightly upset eyes. It was making me nervous. “I need to tell you something. Something important.” I nodded, letting him know I was listening to every word. “I don’t know how you’ll react to it; if you’ll be happy or mad or embarrassed or what so I don’t know how to tell you.”

“Just tell me.” Now I was nervous.

“I like you.”
♠ ♠ ♠
LAMEE! but HOORAY! (<<failure right there)

but guess who gets an update tomorrow?(and maybe tonight, not sure)
you guys!
I get a snow day tomorrow.

guess who already has two chapters of "Upper Region" written?
this girl! I'll post the first chapter of said story once this one is completed.