Status: Check out my new story: Two Worlds Collide|| Stats for SCRM: Readers: 608; Subscribers: 116; Comments: 103

She Can't Read Minds

if you want my brother, he’s at home

Leslie sat on my bed, her nailing between her lips as she watched me stand before them. Jenna sat on the floor, her back against the bed as she stared up at me. Bridget sat beside her, giving me an impatient look. I bit my lip, remembering what happened earlier that day.

“I like you.”

He looked hopeful at me. I ran.


“You left him there?” Leslie freaked, gripping the end bed frame so hard her knuckles turned white. Jenna and Bridget gaped at me. I nodded slowly, feeling like I totally messed something up and believe me, this feeling was one I was sadly used to. “He--and you--MIRANDA!”

“How could you do that?” Jenna shouted at me like I was the television screen and one of the stupid characters went into the dark haunted closet or where the killer was. I plopped down onto the floor, putting my head in my hands. Someone patted the back of my head, scaring me temporarily.

“We thought you felt the same.” Bridget said. Like she was sorry for me; like I was little kid who made a mistake. They all seemed upset with me. I didn’t bother to look up at them.

“I do.” I mumbled into my hands.

“Then why’d you-?”

“I don’t know.” I groaned, hating the way my brain worked. “I just freaked and ran to my locker then the bell rang. It gave me time to think about what I had done. Fuck! I’m an idiot.” Leslie sat down beside me, rubbing my back. It didn’t make me feel any better. “Now Markus will go find Nellie and they’ll live happily ever after. While I’ll be a cat lady which would be a horrible life considering I hate cats.” They chuckled at my comment. “Say, if I let my cats roam around-”

“Miranda, you will not own any cats.” Leslie told me, tossing her hands in the arm. I lifted my head but kept my hands covering my face and glared at her between my fingers.

“Now all my dream, down the toilet.” I replied.

Jenna and Bridget rolled their eyes at me while Leslie said, “If you hate cats, obviously owning 47 of them would not be a dream for you.” I opened my mouth to protest but she hushed me. “If you want my brother, he’s at home. Go get him.”

“I can’t.” I whispered.

“Why not?” Leslie groaned, hitting her forehead like this was something she’d already been through. I shrugged, not having a reason at all. “You ran, you have to fix it. He told you how he felt, he feels like shit now. Miranda-”

“Remember when the worst thing in my life was that I had a baby stalker?” I asked them, looking to see them all nod slowly. “Well, that’s not the worst thing anymore. This whole situation is.”

“Miranda-” Jenna began.

“Just give me time, guys, I can come up with something to fix this.” I smiled as I lied to them. There was no in hell my brain would allow this to go over smoothly, more like horribly. Who knows? I could suddenly get amazing luck.

“Or mess it up more.” Bridget mumbled under her breath.

“Thanks for your support, darling.” Sarcasm gave me no ideas.
♠ ♠ ♠
short. but i'm updating again. i kinda wanna finish this in the next couple of nights.

QUESTION
If you could have any character(s) show up in the newest story i'm working on, who would it be? I like connecting my stories by places or people, even if i only mention them briefly