Status: Check out my new story: Two Worlds Collide|| Stats for SCRM: Readers: 608; Subscribers: 116; Comments: 103

She Can't Read Minds

but this has to be stopped

Mom turned to face us with a huge grin on her face. Belle sat in a chair beside us, a clipboard in her lap and an uncertain smile on her face. Jane rolled and giggled around in her dress on the floor while Jenna tried to catch her. Bridget and Leslie were somewhere, anywhere. “How do I look?” She asked us, lifting her arms slightly.

Belle made a face, “Fine, you look fine.” Mom then frowned at her, glancing down at the dress she wore like she regretted putting it on.

“Mom, go back over by Grandma. See what she thinks.” I smiled, gesturing to the sitting woman who starred at her daughter with teary eyes. Mom grinned at me and did as I suggested. Belle rolled her eyes, grumbling something about my mom being pathetic. “Shut up, okay?”

“Not until this wedding is stopped.” Belle glared down at the rolling little girl at Jenna’s feet. Jenna bit her lip, unsure if she should be looking at me, Belle, or Jane. I sat down beside Belle, hoping we wouldn’t gain any attention from my mom and ruin her moment. She was hugging Grandma, both teary up as they whispered to each other. Belle scoffed.

“Stop it, Belle.” I said.

“I don’t think so, little girl. How old are you? Like ten? No, I’m not going to be taking advice from a ten-year old.” Belle spoke, giving me narrowed eyes.

“Yeah, I’m ten years old…if you add an extra five years.” I rolled my eyes. She stared at me, not catching what I meant. “Why are you trying to ruin this for my mom and your dad? They’re happy.”

“No, they aren’t.” She snapped. “My father is anything, but happy. He’s being forced to marry your mother, the witch. She is going to ruin him.” I stared at her. “My father is important right now in many places, but if he marries your mother she’s going to want him to quit this project and that project. Before we know it, he’ll be nothing.” Belle glared at my mom, then me. “I also find it rather pathetic she did what you told her to do; her own daughter.”

“She’s nervous.” I defended.

“’Cause she knows this whole thing is wrong, for she should stop it.” Belle said.

“More like she’s so happy to be this far, she should continue.” I crossed my arms against my chest and watched Belle watch me. “Why don’t you just leave to go to Yale—oh wait, you didn’t get accepted.” Belle glared at me even more, if that was possible. She looked about ready to murder me while I chuckled to myself. “Seriously though Belle, if you don’t wanna be here, leave.”

“Not likely,” Belle snapped, “I have to stop this. After I do just that, I’ll gladly leave.”

“Just go.” I shouted.

“Are you having a fit, little baby? Do you need your mom to take you home?” Belle smirked, watching me with raised eyebrows. She was testing me. Mom and Grandma were too busy in their little happy world to notice our little argument. Before I knew it I was running away with Jenna behind me, then Bridget and Leslie before we were standing outside a bakery.

“What happened?” Bridget shouted. Leslie nodded, gesturing at Bridget in agreement as she panted. Jenna laughed at the struggling girl, making me smile though my hand tingled.

“She…” Jenna laughed, “Leslie, you have to stop or I can’t explain.” Leslie glared at her, but controlled her breathing. I sat down on the sidewalk, Bridget beside me soon enough. “Miranda punched Belle and then Belle started freaking out. We ran after that so…”

“I punched her?!?” I shouted, turning toward the other two. They nodded. Fuck.
♠ ♠ ♠
random but leads to the next chapter in Markus's point of view where Nellie steps in, then the Nellie problem is solved in the next next chapter, and then the last chapter (sad face) which is happy happy :)