Status: Check out my new story: Two Worlds Collide|| Stats for SCRM: Readers: 608; Subscribers: 116; Comments: 103

She Can't Read Minds

see how far we've come

Jenna laughed, rolling over to see the computer screen fully. Her foot resting against the side of my head while her arms spread over Leslie and Bridget’s laps--in other words, she was comfortable. I tried to shove away her foot, but she held it there with all her might. Funny how with everything that’s happened, we’re right back where we started. Everything feels the same, only it isn’t. Lots of things have changed now, but not necessarily the people. “I think…Reagan and Kamryn.”

“Yeah,” Leslie agreed, tossing popcorn into her mouth, “that’d be cute.”

“No,” Bridget offered, scrolling through the text on the screen, “I mean, sure they’d be cute together and all but I know Kennedy. She’d never let that happen.” I nodded, gesturing toward Bridget to say that I agreed. Leslie sighed, shrugging while Jenna frowned slightly. “See how far we’ve come? Before we used to make ourselves feel bad and be rude to people, now we’re better than that. Now, we put people together in our heads.” I wrinkled up my nose.

“That sounds gross.” I commented.

Jenna laughed, “Good point.”

Cal plopped down beside me while Markus sat down on the floor near Jenna. I smiled to myself while Leslie tossed popcorn kernel after popcorn kernel at her twin’s face in hopes that he’d catch at least one in his mouth. Jenna beamed with laughter, her eyes glowing as she caught the one kernel Markus had a chance of catching. Bridget smiled softly, channeling surfing amongst them. Cal just rolled his eyes at the group, slowly grabbing handfuls of popcorn and shoveling them into his mouth. Will just sat on my bed and typed on his phone like there wasn’t a popcorn issue inches away. Bridget laughed, “Stop guys, you’re getting popcorn in my hair!”

Leslie laughed, tossing more kernels and quicker at her head. I turned to Markus, “Yeah, see how far we’ve come.” He smiled.

“Far.”

Mom popped her head in the doorway, followed by Jane’s. The two laughed at us before Mom said, “Dinner’s done, kids.” Jane squealed and ran for the dining room like she thought we were all having one big race. It was truly adorable…for the little monster. Will perked up, fumbling over me and the others--painfully I might add--till he was racing down the hallway after the little child. The others quickly raced after him, all elbowing each other and shouting.

See how far we’ve come.
♠ ♠ ♠
i felt like having the first and last chapter some what related yet different wrapped it all up nicely. i'm sad it's over but you still have "Upper Region" if you need a little Cal in your life. :)

OHHHMYGOD! i love you all so much! I got 101 comments on this story and like 116 subscribers. That's the most i've everrr gotten.

Thank you so much.
Especially worldclass, you always commented on it. Whether you believe it or not, you played a HUGE part in keeping me writing this. Thank you. :)